HR Officer – Manchester
Manchester, North West-
£35000 per annum
Consultant name: Sue Gaffney
PRS are seeking to recruit an experienced Human Resource Officer based in Manchester City Centre This is a permanent role – Paying £35k p.a. Based on working Monday to Friday – 8am – 5pm, 40 hours per week. The position requires the jobholder to travel on a UK wide basis – vehicle provided
- Advise on employment legislation, company personnel policies and procedures to ensure compliance, management of performance and effective employee relations.
- Provide advice to line managers and Personnel Coordinators on all HR issues in order to minimize risk exposure to the Company.
- Involvement in casework including managing investigations, attending disciplinary meetings where HR representation is required.
- Supporting Managers through the various stages of procedures by preparing letters and providing written and oral guidance.
- When necessary attending hearings on behalf of the company.
- Act as facilitator and arbitrator to reach agreement in cases which might be settled satisfactorily and effectively.
- Feedback where additional training is required to prevent further adverse occurrences.
- Advise on company policies with regard to terms and conditions of employment.
- Participate and contribute to corporate and company personnel strategies, policies and procedures ensuring that operational requirements are met.
- Liaise with Personnel Administration Departments and Business Unit Personnel Coordinators to ensure accurate records, documentation and database.
- Make managers and employees aware of IMS documentation and processes, continually driving for improvement and efficiency.
- Acting as focal point for process changes, liaising with and involving HR colleagues and site administrators to effect improvements.
- Arrange appropriate training for Personnel Coordinators to reinforce consistent HR practice.
- Participate in the management and implementation of TUPE policies and processes to ensure transfers are effectively handled and client is promoted as an employer and manager of outsourced services.
- Assist with one to one interviews as required.
- Act as focal point for the compilation of due diligence information in TUPE Transfers.
- Support the HR Business Partner in the execution of the HR Strategy including:
- Assisting the resourcing for key roles
- Identifying employees for development
Person Specification Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience in an HR role in an FM environment.
- A good knowledge of UK employment legislation and case law.
- CIPD qualified or working towards qualification.
- Working knowledge of TUPE Regulations and their practical application.
- A sensible approach to people management in order to reduce risk in employment matters.
- Experience of working with a quality management system with a high degree of procedural compliance.
If you are interested then please click the APPLY button now
PRS are a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors.
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer