Junior Estimator – Essex
Basildon, South East-
£30000 - £35000 per annum
Consultant name: Chris Chitty
M&E Building Services
£30,000 to £35,000
PRS are pleased to be working with this Essex based M&E Contractor to recruit for a Junior Estimator to work on M&E Building Services projects. In the role of Junior Estimator we are searching for someone with an introduction-level knowledge of estimating and wishes to continue their career development with a company offering real growth potential and opportunity.
In the role of Junior Estimator you will be responsible for the costing and formulating of quotations on project works within the M&E Building Services works.
The duties of the role include:
- Working with the team to ensure all quotations are completed and returned.
- Develop excellent relationships with our client base to build confidence and business profile.
- Liaise with the senior management team providing regular updates to the progress of the quotations, ensuring that the cost reporting is always maintained accurately.
- Visit site and meet with clients to review the works. Liaise with all relevant parties including but not limited to clients, contractors and other third to finalise costs.
- Assisting team with tenders and costing.
- Potential for development into a project management position with own client base.
- Potential for construction training to be provided and qualifications. (CSCS NVQ, SMSTS. etc).
- Good understanding and working knowledge of several software packages including Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel.
- Previous estimating experience is desired albeit not imperative.
- Previous experience in a construction / fit out company is desirable albeit not imperative.
- Meeting new and existing clients to discuss and survey new works.
- Taking photographs, videos, O&M information to ensure the company can issue a robust quotation.
- Carry out the costing of work utilising cost build up sheets and formulating a schedule of works.
- Carrying out quotation and tender reviews following client feedback
If you feel this is the right time to further your carer and join an exciting, busy and expanding company please get in touch for a confidential chat.