Project Manager (FM – Commercial Fit Out)
London, South East-
£60000 - £65000 per annum
Consultant name: Chris Chitty
Facilities Management (Commercial Fit Out)
Essex & City
£60,000 to £65,000
PRS are working with our Essex-based client to recruit for a Project Manager to work on sites in the City, West End and Canary Wharf carrying out commercial office CAT B Fit outs. In the role the Project Manager will be working in occupied commercial offices carrying out floor refurbishment and redecoration projects including remodelling and the moving of office space. The PM will have full accountability for managing and delivery of the project works.
- Working with the team to ensure all quotations are completed and returned.
- Develop excellent relationships with our client base to build confidence and business profile.
- Liaise with the senior management team providing regular updates to the progress of the projects, ensuring that the project reporting is always maintained accurately.
- Where required, support out of hours and weekend working in relation to projects that demand the level of management and resource, to be agreed with line manager.
- Pre-plan all works with relevant stakeholders and then liaise with all relevant parties including but not limited to clients, contractors and other third parties including departments to agree acceptable commencement date for the works.
- Responsible for the checking of the built works to ensure defect free and management of any remedial works required. Once all works are satisfactorily completed, sign off the works and review and authorise any subcontractor application for payment.
- Proven experience of leadership and management to a diverse range of projects providing direction and support to ensure successful delivery of projects on time and budget.
- Experience of managing works up to and above £250K.
- Ideally hold professional qualifications in building related discipline. (NVQ L6 or L7).
- Relevant H&S qualifications (SMSTS, IOSH, NEBOSH).
- Proven experience in delivering multiple complex projects to a high calibre, experience of trouble shooting where required.
- Good understanding and working knowledge of several software packages including Microsoft Office.
- Previous estimating experience is a plus and there will be a requirement within this role, albeit not imperative.
- Meeting new and existing clients to discuss and survey new works.
- Taking photographs, videos, O&M information to ensure the company can issue a robust quotation.
- Carry out the costing of work utilising cost build up sheets and formulating a schedule of works.
- Formulating a detailed quotation inclusive of method of works and cost breakdown for issue to the client.
- Carrying out quotation and tender reviews following client feedback.
- Organisation of supervision and labour to carry out projects once successful.
- Liaise with Warehouse Manager to organise required materials for works.
- Liaising with FM Contract Support / Office Manager to purchase and procure any needed materials, raise purchase orders, pay pro-forma etc.
- Formulating O&M manual information and technical submittals to send to client as necessary.
- Compiling and assisting H&S with risk and method statements.
- Compiling site audit pro reports on works carried out and any snagging to be actioned.
- Variation orders and site instructions to be costed and sent to clients formally for approval.
- Creating indicative programmes where required for larger scale jobs and organisation of incumbent contractors with regular on site or Microsoft teams meetings.