Solihull, West Midlands-
£40000 per annum
Consultant name: Michael Lloyd
£40,000 per annum plus van and overtime
Like working as an electrical supervisor, but also like working as a ‘hands-on’ engineer? We are recruiting for a working supervisor, someone to split their time 50/50 between supervising a small team, and carrying out their own pre planned and reactive maintenance duties.
The Maintenance Supervisors role is to manage the team, regularly inspect sites to identify problems and arrange necessary maintenance or repair. Duties will include the preparation of maintenance schedules for allocating work to the maintenance team and to ensure PPM deadlines are met in a timely manner. The Supervisor will ensure that reactive repairs are completed within the contract priorities, minimising long lead times before something needs replacing.
Description of Duties: To supervise the engineering team, duties to include:
- Inspect facilities periodically to determine problems and arrange necessary maintenance or repair
- Ensure maintenance and reactive works are completed on time
- Recruit, supervise and train maintenance technicians as required
- Inspect and maintain building systems (heating, ventilation, electrical systems etc.)
- Contribute to the development of maintenance budget and ensure compliance
- Monitor inventory of materials and equipment
- Participate in co-ordination of projects (e.g. minor works and refurbishments)
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and health and safety regulations
Experience/Skill Requirements- Essential:
- City & Guilds or equivalent in a mechanical / electrical discipline
- Strong technical knowledge of all building systems
- Knowledge of current health & safety practices and regulations
- Understanding of budgeting and performance management
- Excellent planning and leadership abilities
- A keen eye for detail
- Technical problem solver
- Computer literate
- Experience of CAFM systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Current clean driving licence
On offer is a permanent position paying a basic salary of £40,000 per annum, plus van. Plenty of opportunities to boost earnings via overtime as well.
To apply for this position please click ‘apply now’ to forward your CV.