Senior Sustainability Manager
Hertfordshire, South East-
£0 - £0 per annum
Consultant name: Chris Chitty
Job reference: JO-2301-254754
Date posted: 10/01/2023
Senior Sustainability Manager
Life Sciences Sector
Attractive Salary and Package, Hybrid working
PRS are working with a leading global brand operating in the Life Sciences sector to recruit for a Senior Sustainability Manager. In the post of Senior Sustainability Manager we are looking for someone to become the subject matter expert for all carbon management and sustainability activities within the business and across the EMEA region in time.
The role includes supporting the development of and management of the environmental & sustainability programmes in place to support the legislative requirements and commitments and the company objectives and targets across the region.
- Assume responsibility as SME for Sustainability for EMEA region maintaining knowledge of legislation, global best practice innovation and specifically the pharmaceutical sector benchmarking to peer organisations.
- Introduce and proactively implement Sustainability Action Groups across all functional and business areas and actively engage the execution of the agreed programme activities.
- Act as the SME to provide advice across the organisational structure sustainability matters.
- Develop the EMEA Sustainability Strategy to ensure compliance with global requirements.
- Compile and review trends across the EMEA region surrounding carbon footprint analysis on an annual basis
- Influence corporate planning and sustainability planning.
- Review the business case and suitability of potential carbon offset schemes that align to HHC philosophy
- Implement execution plans with all business / functional areas to integrate sustainability projects / culture across EMEA and work with local team to develop short – mid- and longer-term local goals.
- Act as SME to influence Sustainable solutions are embed throughout the life cycle of all current and future products.
- Provide guidance surrounding scope 3 materials, processes, logistics etc or alternative approaches across all business / functional areas
- Influence both medicine creation early concepts and manufacturing processes to embrace sustainable solutions across the value chain.
- Influence supply chain strategy to promote vendor alignment and compliance with Sustainability goals.
- Support Business surrounding product design focused on sustainability and where applicable support the development of investment business case proposals to reduce carbon within the business
- Add value to the review and prioritisation of capital expenditure budgets
- Lead the internal training to inform and educate colleagues surrounding company and personal carbon management
- Develop sustainability assessment tools
- Progress / review NHS (UK) and other EMEA country health departments surrounding sustainability requirements and establish company risk / noncompliance.
- Compile annual SECR and ESOS reports as may applicable.
- Work with all stakeholders surrounding the implementation of carbon saving schemes including the embed carbon calculation of project activities.
- Embed a regular Sustainability communications plan across the EMEA region
- Develop and ongoing monitoring of SBTi’s to ensure alignment to COP26 agreement
- Support future development for ISO accreditation (ISO 14001 – ISO50001)
- Validate and communicate environmental and sustainability performance internally and for stakeholder reporting, including preparation of annual submission for company progress to COP 26 alignment (Public report)
- Support business area surrounding Scope 3 carbon capture e.g., but not limited to supply chain, travel, and all other scope 3 categories
- Ensure the environmental management system is maintained in line with changing standards and legislation
- Other projects as defined by the Estates Director EMEA
- Experience building strong working relationships and influencing colleagues
- A desire to learn quickly and adapt positively to changing needs and business demands
- Project management experience (desirable)
- Understanding of ESG-related regulations, policies and laws and ability to apply them effectively to businesses
Qualification and Education required
- Education to a degree level in relevant field (e.g., environmental management, sustainability)
- Demonstrated business experience of providing sustainability support in a business environment