Electrical Shift Engineer – Essex
Barking & Dagenham, South East-
£52,000 - £57,000 per annum
Consultant name: Joe Taylor
Job reference: JO-2301-254777
Date posted: 11/01/2023
Electrical Shift Engineer
£52,000 + Bonus
Continental Shift Pattern
Our client are a global data centre services organisation, steadily growing their presence, and have a requirement for multiple shift engineers to be based at a Data Centre Facility in Essex. Working on a continental shift pattern, covering 12 hour days and nights, the role calls for experienced multi-skilled building services or data centre engineers to join and take responsibility for routine and reactive maintenance to electrical and mechanical systems in a highly critical environment. These sites are co-location, housing servers for blue chip, household name organisations and such is vital they maintain 100% uptime.
Guideline salary is up to £52,000 basic, along with an annual bonus.
- To deliver & ensure all Critical Facility PPM’s are carried out to schedule and also ensure completion of all reactive works requests ensuring closing and completion in line with SLA’s.
- Carrying out daily emergency call-out tasks
- Completing logbooks and RAMS
- Attending client meetings
- Able to apply a risk focused maintenance approach and operations of plant and systems in data centres/critical environments.
- Ensuring all critical client services, computer rooms, data networks, manufacturing and revenue earning services meet client requirements.
- Provide emergency response standby, call out. Escalate urgent issues. Respond to work interruptions, outages or emergencies consistent with the SLA.
- Support critical environment related technical audits as required and directed by line manager.
- Completion of records and logs required to demonstrate delivery of maintenance requirements.
- Control and supervise contractors when required.
- Emergency lighting testing
- All Electrical work including lighting, wiring, testing, alarm systems, BMS, lighting systems and Heat exchangers
- Engineers must be able to demonstrate appropriate knowledge of AHU, FCU, UPS, Generators, LV systems, which will include the ability to fault find.
- Trade trained with ideally 3 years’ experience in the building services
- City & Guilds Qualified Electrical Level 3.
- Critical site (Data Centre or Banking Sites)
- Strong building services knowledg