Finance & Contract Support – Seattle
Finance & Contract Support – Seattle
USA Facilities Management-
$120,000 - $145,000 per annum
Consultant name: Sammi Fairbrother
Job reference: JO-2303-255918
Date posted: 13/03/2023
We have a great new opportunity for a Finance & Contract Manager to join a Global Facility Management Solutions Business.
You will be responsible for:
• Developing high quality and effective Client relationships especially across the Business Unit.
• Build good working relationship with account management and key client’s members and be a business partner for both.
• Tightly manage contract governance, demonstrating an in-depth knowledge of the terms and conditions of the contract to ensure that all cost elements are appropriately accounted for.
• Assist with client team requests in a timely and accurate manner.
• Positively respond to both our internal and external customers (often in a matrix environment) through effective communication and personal accessibility/credibility.
• Monthly formal Contract and Business unit reviews. Ensure use of best practice, communication and understanding of key business messages through monthly site visits with focus on underperforming contracts.
• Liaising with our clients Financial Planning and Analysis team to fulfill any ad hoc information requests.
• Support transformation and client initiatives, working closely with other functions to ensure full alignment of deliverables and results.
• Prepare accurate Business Unit reports in line with monthly company timetable including full Profit & Loss account with analysis and commentary, Balance Sheet extracts and reconciliations, detailed Project Profitability reporting, Profit & Loss forecasts and annual plans.
• Ad-hoc reporting as requested by Divisional Finance Director or Business Unit Director.
• Provide best in class Management Information management to include Actuals v Budget.
• Provide ad-hoc support and financial analysis as required.
Contract and Finance Management
• Continually review, maintain and improve cash-flow, margins and reporting. Develop targets and benchmarking processes to challenge the financial information.
• Drive high quality financial / commercial performance through understanding the contractual commitments on service lines in US and ensure is aligned and consistent with global contract management practices.
• Identify and help drive implementation of savings opportunities to ensure financial savings targets are maximized.
• Review Contract and Business Unit P&L results and challenge.
• Carry out regular Business Unit reviews and Project reviews.
• Active management of overheads for business whilst seeking out areas for efficiencies for savings.
• Build and develop high level relationships with business and account leaders, central finance teams, customers and external agencies (e.g. auditors).
• Constantly improve quality, service and efficiency.
• Communicate regularly with contract financial and contract support staff to ensure they are fully informed of operational objectives and achievements.
• Identify, analyse and resolve potential business risks, as well as opportunities and solutions to enhance business performance.
Finance Processes, Procedures and Reporting
• Ensure company policies and procedures are adhered to consistently throughout the Business Unit / Contract.
• Ensure full substantiation of all accruals, un-billed revenue and WIP, in line with our client’s policy.
• Manage the integrity of data in Client reporting systems.
• Develop an understanding of how to best utilize our client’s system-generated reporting capabilities.
• Continually develop systems to maximize efficiency.
• Ensure the accuracy and integrity of accounting records and financial systems, identify opportunities to enhance system efficiencies
• Have thorough knowledge of procedures and processes and lead the delivery of these to the required standard.
• Manage compliance through the required procedures and processes.
• Assisting in the preparation of annual bottom-up Plan for and monitoring the forecast through the year.
• Ensure balance sheet and cash flow Plans are prepared.
• Ensure our clients statutory obligations are met for reporting and governance purposes.
• Responsibility for ensuring the integrity of the Balance Sheet and Balance Sheet Commentary.
• Ensure monthly balance sheet reconciliations are carried out, reviewed and maintained in ART.
• Driving and agreeing any financial policy requirements with the Divisional Financial Director.
• Recruit, induct, manage, target, motive and develop the Contract Support team.
• Review and advise on resourcing gaps.
• Carry out structured appraisals and ensure personal development plans are in place and include succession plans.
• Build, lead and motivate a diverse and effective team. Empower team members to take responsibility and accountability.
• Supervise and review performance of individuals in the team.
• Convey messages and ideas clearly and openly. Involve people and influence decisions.