London, South East-
£30,000 - £35,000 per annum
Consultant name: Islem Krimat
Job reference: JO-2206-250488-2
Date posted: 03/05/2023
The Building Services Engineer will form an integral part of the multi-disciplinary engineering team who will provide expertise and accountability for the maintenance and operational requirements of The site. Working on a Monday to Friday basis the engineer will undertake planned preventative and reactive maintenance tasks across The site site.
The engineer will be suitably qualified and experienced primarily in the Facilities Management Mechanical and Electrical Services sector.
· Ensure all assigned maintenance tasks are carried out skilfully, effectively and in a timely fashion.
· To oversee sub-contractors as appropriate / requested (including facilitating access and permit issues).
· Ensure H&S records and reports are completed and updated for all work carried out.
· Providing expertise and accountability for the maintenance of The site.
· Provide emergency Call Out cover on a rota basis.
· Carry out planned preventative maintenance across all facilities of The site site as directed.
· Attend to reactive Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing tasks.
· Provide and participate in providing a 24/7 call out facility (rota based).
· Complete all maintenance reports on completion of works via the CMMS.
· Monitor and review energy usage with an objective of reducing consumption across The site site.
· Diagnosis and rectification of Mechanical and Electrical faults safely, communicate clearly to Supervisors / Management as appropriate.
· Undertake conditioned based maintenance
· Carry out routine plant log & load readings where requested.
· Provide a clear level of understanding of operational and emergency procedures, including full site familiarity
· Undertake routine small works installations.
· Support attending sub-contractors including access and permit requirements, ensuring complete compliance with risk assessment and method statement. Provide on site engineering point of contact and control for work being carried out.
· Assist in developing and maintaining effective teamwork within all departments and offices of AEG.
· Provide and promote the highest level of customer service.
· Continuously seek ways to improve personal, team and business performance.
· Ensure that you comply with all Health and Safety regulations and safe working practice as required by current legislation and the Company’s Health and Safety Policy and practices.
· Ensure that all relevant information is communicated speedily and accurately in a way that ensures that the information is received and easily understood.
· Undertake any other relevant duties or reasonable request as requested by the Supervisor and any member of the senior management team.
· Due to the nature of the working environment, there will be a significant requirement for working at height.
· Suitably experienced / knowledgeable in the operation of: Electrical Systems; including small power, lighting, lighting control systems, UPS. Mechanical Systems: including heating, chilled water systems, ventilation and air conditioning, boiler & chiller plant, sprinkler systems, BMS. Plumbing including drainage systems, water distribution etc..
· An NVQ or City and Guilds in an Electrical or HVAC-related field and operational experience in a similar ‘high profile’ environment with a proven track record.
· Excellent problem solving skills, technical ability and associated IT knowledge.
· A thorough understanding of Electrical Equipment, HVAC plant, and their workings.
· A positive and dynamic approach to building services with a willingness to find new ways of working, understanding and delivering against all maintenance issues.
· A proven track record in Building Services Facility Maintenance
· Subject to driving licence status – site buggy / van driving when necessary.
· A high degree of self-motivation with good communication skills across all levels.
· Able to work under pressure to clearly defined goals with a positive “can do” attitude.
· Team player who enjoys working in a high achieving environment.
· A commitment to delivering the best
· Operational Knowledge of Evaporative Cooling Towers, including Water Treatment to L8.
· Accreditations & Certification – IOSH / PASMA / MEWP IPAF / Legionella L8 / First Aid Work
· Experience / knowledge associated with Electrical Systems, Building Energy Management Systems, Building Fabric, etc.. would be a distinct advantage.
· Computer literate e.mail / word / excel
· Experience of working in high pressure environments.
· Experience of working in a ‘Public Attraction’ environment.