Electrical Project Manager – Stevenage
Electrical Project Manager – Stevenage
Stevenage, South East-
£55,000 - £55,000 per annum
Consultant name: Joe Taylor
Job reference: JO-2305-256654
Date posted: 03/05/2023
Electrical Project Manager
Location: Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Salary: £55,000 Basic
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8am – 5pm
We have currently got a fantastic Electrical Project Manager role working with a leading facilities maintenance company in a state of the art commercial facility in the Stevenage area. This position offers many avenues for further career progression as well as great support with training in areas where needed.
This role would be suitable for a strong, technically minded electrical engineer looking to move into more of a projects environments.
- Qualified in electrical engineering discipline
- Strong technical engineering understanding.
- Conducting electrical project work – good understanding of building services required
- Previous HV experience (preferred but not essential)
- Experience of managing large 24/7 sites.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of staff and clients.
- Ability to manage and prioritise a demanding and varying workload.
- Ability to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Conducting LV/HV AP duties – (training will be provided)
- assisting in some aspects of electrical PPM – with LV/HV duties
- To provide an engineering service to design, plan and project manage minor site refurbishment and equipment installations
- Prepare specifications briefs in consultation with staff
- Tender works in line with our Procurement Policy
- Manage quotation submission to client and gain approvals / purchase orders
- Prepare budget costs and ongoing budgetary control
- Appoint and manage consultants and other specialist contractors
- Attend regular approval meeting with Client interface
- Manage work through to effective completion and submit for invoicing
- Must be willing to undertake company standard internal training workshops.
- Respond to requests made by the Client
- Ensure all RAMS are suitable and sufficient whether work is subcontracted or delivered by an in house team and are in place and adhered to
- Liaise with the support administrators regarding organising any out of hours or weekend working including the control of sub contractors and ensuring both site security and the client are aware of any out of hours works. This work includes the inspection of permits to work issued to sub contractors and ensure they are operated correctly.
- Proven and extensive experience within a similar role
- Operational and technical experience with demonstrated potential
- Technical expertise, qualifications or apprenticeship in a craft skill or engineering discipline would be an important pre-requisite of the role
- Proven experience in Project Management
- Ability to plan and organise their work effectively to meet changing environments and needs
- Proven track record to the successful delivery of multi task building services related projects
- Ability to liaise with and supervise contractors
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and safe working practices
- Demonstrable skills in dealing and working closely with internal and external customers and suppliers on complex and interrelated issues on an ongoing basis
- Experience in pharmaceutical, healthcare or processing industry and working within a GMP environment would be an advantage
- To be able to communicate at all levels, with excellent written and oral skills
- To be self motivated and to be able to motivate others, to be reliable and to be able to act with responsibility
- IT skills required with specific reference to the Microsoft suite of packages
- Hold sufficient Health and Safety (CDM) experience that allows the effective running of projects.
- To have a minimum engineering qualification of NVQ level 4 or equivalent.
- Good, knowledge of Management disciplines in Electrical works
- Have experience in a Supervisory environment with Electrical works as a component responsibility.
- Be commercially aware and have a sound knowledge of budget preparation, negotiation and management.
- Have good people management, leadership, decision-making and communications skills.