Building Services Senior Engineer
Building Services Senior Engineer
London, South East-
£48,000 - £52,000 per annum
Consultant name: Daniel Oldfield
Job reference: JO-2305-256655
Date posted: 04/05/2023
Senior M&E Engineer
Building Services / Facilities Maintenance
City of London
£48-52,000 Basic Salary
Our customer are a well established M&E services consultancy, with decades of experience within design, build and maintenance within the commercial built environment. Due to expansion and growing demand among their customers, they are looking to add to their Building Services M&E team based out of their London office close to Liverpool Street. This role involves working in tandem with various customers such as managing agents / property & real estate organisations, building owners, M&E contractors etc in an advisor capacity, with regards to technical surveys on M&E plant, asset verification, dilapidation reports, energy efficiency & building/M&E plant lifecycle analysis. Working out of the London office, there would be travel to various client sites around London and South East and any work-related travel from office is expensed. An example of duties within the role are listed below and include:
1. Responsible to the Technical Management Director (Head of Business Unit) through the Business Unit Senior Manager(s)for all aspects of his/her employment.
2. Manage all aspects of work assigned from start to finish and ensure that all work is carried out within the set time and budgetary requirements.
3. Prepare and manage engineering projects to include: specification, design, life cycle cost, equipment selection, planned maintenance programmes, dilapidations, acquisitions and the preparation of and review of tender documentation.
4. Conduct surveys to gather field data e.g. asset collection.
5. Prepare and interpret engineering reports, drawings, layouts and other (visual) aids.
6. Perform Building Services Engineering duties surroundingelectrical,mechanical and public health systems.
7. Work within the Health and Safety Policy and Environmental Policy.
8. Manage project issues, budgets, invoicing and schedules.
9. Have goodworking knowledge of “European Economic Area” Building Services Engineering standards, policies, and legislation.
10. Review development plans for compliance with adopted engineering standards and good engineering practices.
11. Meet, interact and work with Clients, the general public, tradesmen and fellow professionals.
12. Produce timesheets on a weekly basis, along with job and financial statistics to the Technical Management Directoras required
Candidates will be fully qualified in either electrical or mechanical engineering, with at least 5 years of dedicated experience within commercial maintenance. Additional training such as IOSH, HNC/HND, NEBOSH, etc will all be beneficial.
This role is an exciting opportunity for a technically minded individual to join a consultancy, and would suit a supervisor/junior manager within the building services maintenance/FM sector looking for a change in role, and the variety that comes with multiple sites and client relationship management within the world of M&E consultancy. Previous experience in this specialist field isn’t necessary, with many starters within this firm and other consultancies having been M&E supervisor/engineering managers with M&E providers due to a crossover in responsibilities with regards to planned and reactive maintenance, projects, client liaision skills necessary in both aspects.