Leicestershire, East Midlands-
£40,000 - £430,000 per annum
Consultant name: Rob Smith
Job reference: JO-2305-257058
Date posted: 23/05/2023
PRS are working with a well-established and highly reputable company who are currently recruiting for a Technical Supervisor to be based in the Leicestershire area.
In the role of a Technical Supervisor, you will be responsible for the technical delivery of a key contract across multiple sites and ensuring that all technical compliance is achieved at all times. You will be responsible for the safety for all operations and must underpin all activities.
You will be responsible for managing a team of 11 Engineers across multiple sites where you will provide guidance including technical knowledge in M&E systems, you will also provide rapid response to operational incidents and customer issues and you will support the Area Operations Manager and Contract Support to deliver the FM services.
- Promote the safe delivery of all activities regardless of discipline, circumstance and location
- Lead and be responsible for the day to day management and supervision of the FM colleagues including managing absence and planning cover
- Provide first point of escalation for all maintenance colleagues, supporting with recruitment, onboarding, training and ongoing performance management of the team
- Deliver and coordinate cluster technical meetings and toolbox talks
- Oversee all operations, maintenance, repairs, replacements, consumables, and general upkeep of the facilities in line with contractual requirements
- Carry out and support first line investigations into building faults and isolate and make safe where necessary with subsequent referral to relevant engineer or specialist contractor through the Helpdesk
- Adjust local maintenance delivery to optimise asset life, enhancing system performance where feasible, whilst ensuring CAFM system data and structure retained
- Manage and coordinate subcontractors including quality checks on work undertaken
- Coordinate with Procurement and Services team to ensure supplier delivery and performance objectives are met
- Support Procurement and Services team in developing relevant new supplier relationships
- Support colleagues in delivering tasks during peak workloads and provide holiday and sickness cover
- Ensure statutory compliance for planned maintenance works
- Ensure all on-site documentation is current and complete
- Work through and document the process to close out any relevant audit non-conformances
- Contribute to the development of the maintenance budget and monitor compliance with the budget
- Knowledge in more than one discipline such as mechanical, electrical, public health, water and gas, with a deeper expertise in at least one of these backed by trade or professional qualifications
- Excellent communication skills
- Be responsive to the needs of the customer and aims to deliver customer satisfaction
- Previous experience in a Supervisor position
- Strong planning and organisation skills
- Strong IT skills
- Experience in reporting
- Good commercial awareness with strong financial skills related to operational services
This is a role where there won’t be a lot of a travel and a chance to work from home.
In return, you will recieve a salary between £40,000 and £43,000 depending on experience.
If you believe that you have the skill-set and experience needed to succeed in this role the please apply now.