Data Centre Shift Engineer
Data Centre Shift Engineer
Canary Wharf, South East-
£47,000 - £51,700 per annum
Consultant name: Jim Hines
Job reference: JO-2305-257112
Date posted: 25/05/2023
· In-House Electrical / Mechanical Data Centre Shift Engineer
· In The Docklands
· @£47,000 Basic
· Annual Bonus of up to 10%
· Secure and Stable environment
· Health Care
· Specialist Training
· Overtime at Premium rates
· 22- 25 Shift Holidays
Directly employed by one of the leading Global Data Centre organisations
· Data Centre / Critical Engineering background
· LVAP – desired not essential
· Experience and working knowledge of the following.
· LV Electrical Systems
· High Voltage systems
· BMS and monitoring control systems
· Fire Alarms
· Fire suppression
· Air conditioning
· Water Systems
· Environment Control
· Health and Safety
The Position On offer
Carrying out technical maintenance, repairs and installations and providing first and second-line support in the data centres to meet the customer SLAs. This involves monitoring buildings, environmental conditions, and relevant systems as well as technical equipment, and reporting issues to minimise downtime and ensure maximum performance and PUE. You’ll also be overseeing contractor work, making sure they follow health and safety procedures and documenting the results. From routine preventative maintenance to highlighting potential risks and reacting to immediate issues, you’ll ensure the data centre meets all our customer needs.
- Proven engineering experience in air conditioning, UPS, generators and LV systems
- Experience working as a technician in an electrical or industrial environment
- Strong technical fault-finding skills using graphical information and alarm data.
- A thorough, accurate approach to completing tasks
- Good communication skills in English, including report writing.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- A can-do attitude, with the drive to take on new responsibilities.
- Vocational education in a technical field
About the company
Our customer supports the world’s leading enterprises and service providers by delivering the full spectrum of data centres, colocation and interconnection solutions. Engineering experts in delivering critical engineering operations across a number of countries to some of the world’s biggest customers. Progressive, professional and a great company culture
Joining the Operations Team
Our Operations team keeps our customers’ infrastructure running safely and securely. We get plenty of opportunities to take on a variety of tasks and develop our technical skills. From overseeing electrical power to cooling and fire suppression systems, our team plays a vital role in making sure everything in our data centre operates as it should.
Would you Like to be Part of
A rapidly evolving business that offers the opportunity to be part of a courageous and passionate team who works together to understand and meet the changing needs of global customers. If successful you’ll be part of a supportive and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. As part of the team, you’ll get to work with people from different business areas, challenge the way we do things and put your ideas into action. Our client will also give you plenty of development opportunities so you can build a rewarding and successful career that offers opportunity and career progression.