Resident Maintenance Electrician
Manchester, North West-
£36000 - £38000 per annum
Consultant name: Matt Soulsby
We are recruiting for an experienced resident maintenance electrician completing PPM and reactive maintenance on a static site in Manchester.
You will be expected to have good all-round knowledge of other FM disciplines such as basic mechanical building services etc. The role is a permanent position paying 36-38k basic. Mon-Fri (40 hours per week)
7am – 3pm (or flexible 8 hour working patterns available)
On call in affect, details TBC
Within the maintenance electrician role you will be working within a team of engineers carrying out all planned preventative and reactive maintenance tasks across the facility.
You will be working over a diverse site therefore a flexible approach is required as you will often be called to carry out or support works that are outside your core discipline.
Duties to include: –
* Planned Pro-Active Maintenance tasks
* Reactive Repairs
* Emergency Lighting Systems
* Power and distribution, Lights, Sockets, Switches, Door Control Systems, BMS, Control Panels etc
* Small Works – Electrical installation work
General compliance works
* Assistance with estate High Voltage, Low Voltage Systems and Black Start Tests – resetting of tripped circuits and event aftermath issues
* General HVAC systems such as AHU’s and fan coils plus basic mechanical plant
(onsite internal training for all of the above will be carried out to educate staff to the required competency levels)
Also to cover a satellite site on occasion
Skills & Background Required :
Qualified Electrician with 17th/18th Edition Wiring Regulations
* Proven substantial experience within electrical trade, installation and maintenance work
* Confident capable engineer able to assess situations
* Self-motivated and able to adapt to changing priorities
* Skilled in the hands-on repair of all plant and equipment, having the ability to fault find, read drawings, diagnose and repair using their technical knowledge on equipment.
* Able to demonstrate an aptitude for problem solving using a logical approach
* Confident and logical under pressure but must understand urgency and respond accordingly
* Attend external and internal courses as required
* Good understanding of Health and Safety at Work regulations.
* Must be computer literate and able to demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills (Ipad use for PPM/RM tasks)
* Must be flexible and able to work additional hours to suit the business needs
* Must be Punctual, Prompt and Professionally Adept within the workplace
* Some experience of HVAC systems and mechanical plant
If you are interested then please click the APPLY button now
PRS are a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors.
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer.