Technical Services Manager
London, South East-
£80000 per annum, Benefits: An annual salary of circa £38,000, which will increase upon completing our internal training programme 25% discount in our retai
Consultant name: Mohammed Siddique
Technical Services Manager
£80,000 + Attractive benefits package
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join one of the leading companies in the facilities industry.
They currently maintain a number of blue chip maintenance contracts in the heart of the city and are looking for an experienced technical services manager to work on a high profile contract based in Central London.
- Foster and develop a ‘One Team’ relationship between the management team, service partners and all other stakeholders to create a seamless and unified customer experience
- Present with confidence in delivering training and presentations to colleagues and peers
- Adopt and communicate the team and building brand visions and values in undertaking all duties, ensuring those working within your department and under your management follow your lead
- Engage with service partners and develop a partnering ethos with their senior management, account management and operatives. Ensuring all Service Partners operate as a collective and collaborative team
- Lead by example to represent the brand values and deliver set objectives
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, standards, and guides for operational excellence
- Ensure that any one-off and non-contractual operational tasks are fulfilled to a high specification and within a dedicated timeframe, to include out of hours services for occupier events and special projects
- Contract Management includes but not limited to: Mechanical, Electrical, and public health systems
- Develop and implement standard and emergency operating procedures, operational best practices and working initiatives
- Carry out all other general tasks as directed by the Client within an appropriate timeframe
- Ensure building regulations, statutory obligations, legislative compliance, and best working practice are met at all times
- Investigate and manage all patent and latent defects arising from projects or works
- Effectively contribute to the completion of an Activity Calendar and significant building events. i.e. Annual evacuation exercises, monthly scenario testing, audits, events, and document review
- Effectively manage the allocated service partners and their contract performance, including managing key relationships, monitoring contract administration, and driving operational improvements; ensuring services are delivered in compliance with contractual obligations
- Meet monthly with core service partners and ensure Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) and reports are completed promptly and accurately
- Ensure all contracts are maintained within the agreed budget, and seek alternative ways to improve customer service and reduce expenditure
- Be conversant with statutory compliance, health and safety risk management and any sustainability requirements
- Maintain a risk register at all times
- Produce detailed monthly reports and present to the Client
- Act as the Client Technical Lead and Advisor on all matters relating to central building services where these are operated and maintained by another Party.
- Have knowledge of all Landlord activities that may impact or present a risk to the Client’s services or operations
- Undertake all relevant due diligence of Landlord’s works and contractors to identify risks to Client’s services or operations
- Act as a key stakeholder in relation to sustainability and lead on all technical initiatives
- Assist implementing the vision and plan for the building to maintain a constantly improving environmental performance which engages the building occupiers.
- Identify and capture operational data to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of service value, performance, and excellence
- Lead energy management by maximising the capability of existing technology and systems and use of SMART building systems, platforms and data to ensure that Client’s assets are being operated at optimum performance and energy is being closely managed and reported on.
- Develop a strategy that uses technology to deliver data-driven maintenance to increase productivity, efficiencies and asset uptime whilst reducing waste in all workstreams.
- Maximize energy efficiency, create, and oversee the implementation of short and long-term projects and strategies that increase energy efficiency, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and minimize unnecessary consumption
- Ensuring compliant operation of Life safety systems and building essential services and operations.
- Be responsible for the coordination and management of the transition and handover from projects and contractors’ teams over to business as usual day to day operations
- Undertake compliance auditing
- Fault finding and problem solving
- Prepare asset schedules and planned preventative maintenance plans
- Produce Engineering Life Cycle and Forward Capital Cost plans
- Interpret engineering reports, drawings, layouts and other visual aids
- Manage and mentor engineers.
- Experience of Integrated Management Systems (IMS) and QA procedures and see that these are adhered to at all steps for all projects.
- Be accountable for the operational and financial management of projects to ensure they are delivered on time and within budget.