Shift Engineer – Maintenance Tech
Central London, South East-
£42000 per annum, Benefits: £42,000 + Career Progression + Benefits + Pension
Consultant name: Mohammed Siddique
Shift Engineer – Maintenance Tech
£42,000 + Career Progression + Benefits + Pension
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Lead Shift engineer to join a market leading company. The shift maintenance engineer will benefit from the continued growth of the company.
An amazing opportunity have come
- To deliver Planned and Reactive Mechanical and Electrical services to the site. To coordinate all resources and stakeholders to deliver a high level of service to clients with maximum efficiency and in a safe, sustainable and collaborative manner.
- Ensure that routine PPM is carried out to all mechanical and electrical plant in accordance with Site task schedules and asset lists.
- Ensure that reactive tasks throughout the sites are completed and be proactive in highlighting areas where improvements can be made.
- Ensure that plant faults and defects are swiftly remedied to always maintain plant in serviceable order.
- Undertake Statutory Maintenance Tasks as per the SFG20 Maintenance specification
- Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out both maintenance and reactive works. To provide parts lists and estimated timescales to carry out remedial works.
- Complete and Issue Permits on behalf of company and 3rd party subcontractors as per the requirements of the contract Ensure that all relevant paperwork is completed regarding PPM, reactive and breakdown works and that it is passed without delay to the contract Administrator
- Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared and used for all tasks undertaken to always ensure safe working practices.
- To develop a good working relationship with all members or staff, subcontractors, and the client representatives.
- Ensure the professional image of the company is always presented to clients
- Ensure up to date plant logs are always kept
- Ensure that all plant rooms under the responsibility of the company are kept in a clean and tidy condition.
- Ensure assigned tasks are actioned and completed as appropriate.
- To ensure tasks as directed are completed with the appropriate H&S awareness/implementation.
- Ensure an awareness and compliance to the contractual KPI’s/SLA’s.
- To operate a Permit to Work System in accordance with company Technical and SHEQ processes and client requirements (or approved client system).
Qualification & Desired Experience
- Technical background or formal education, HNC/HND/Foundation Degree would be advantageous
- Apprenticeship in electrical or mechanical maintenance
- BOAS/BG01 training would be desirable
- City and Guilds 236 A&B (2360 parts 1 and 2) or equivalent would be desirable
- IET 17th edition would be desirable
- City & Guilds 2394 / 2395 or 2391 Electrical Testing & Inspection would be desirable or HVAC Qualified Team working experience
- Must have the balanced ability to think clearly in extreme circumstances
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word and Outlook Experience of using a CAFM system
- Good experience and track record in working in Facilities Management
- Good knowledge of building services and legislation Professional qualifications and background
- Thinking skills – Level 3
- Results driven – Level 3
- Coach others – Level 2
- Foster teamwork and collaboration – Level 2
- Customer focus – Level 4
- Change leadership – Level 2
- Communication – Level 4
- Influence – Level 3 9. Business acumen – Level 3
- Business development – Level 3
- Functional/ technical excellence – Level 5