Electrical & Mechanical / Multi Skilled Engineer (Electrical Bias)
Southampton, South East-
£21 - £23 per hour
Consultant name: Steve Marsh
Job reference: JO-2309-259036
Date posted: 06/09/2023
Electrical & Mechanical Engineer (Multi-Skilled)- Southampton
PRS is currently seeking a multi-skilled engineer for a commercial building based in Southampton. Ideally you would be electrical bias with some mechanical knowledge and this could lead to a permanent position.
Mon – Friday 08:00 – 16:30, On call every other week paid with the option of overtime
– Diagnose and rectify faults in connection with all Building Services, Electrical, Mechanical and Air conditioning systems either through self-delivery or through liaison with external contractors to provide a prompt and efficient service. The position will involve electrical work, engineering work and maintenance, heating and ventilation works and servicing, including mechanical; testing and inspection; fault finding and diagnosis on controls systems around the site. Please note the site is a newer build.
– Work on a wide range of M+E Building services including but not limited to: Air conditioning (Splits), Pressurisation systems, BMS System,
– Have used Building Management Systems (BMS), sometimes called a Building Automation System (BAS), is a computer-based system installed to control and monitor a building’s electrical equipment such as ventilation, lighting, energy, fire systems, and security systems. It consists of software and hardware.
– Handyman duties if required, temperature recording and flushing regimes; lifting and moving equipment, electrical distribution systems maintenance and M&E supplies/deliveries.
– To carry out and support planned preventative maintenance and reactive repair works to building fabric, mechanical & electrical services, A/C, plumbing and water hygiene tasks.
– To lead on electrical and mechanical Installation, air conditioning works and mechanical works such as changing valves, actuators, condensate pumps
– To actively identify and deal with fabric, mechanical and handyman tasks that requires attention around the site.
– To respond and rectify site emergencies mainly in normal work hours and occasionally outside of core hours.
– To be part of a call out team on a Rota basis – Paid (every other week at the moment)
– To undertake and complete small installation, replacement and project works.
– Carry out routine maintenance, repairs to site mechanical equipment such as pumps & valves etc. Completion of documentation and maintenance records as directed
– Ensure that suitable spares and materials are always available to carry out both planned and unplanned maintenance. Maintaining tidy store rooms. Stock management and a good understanding of where parts are stored on sites
– To be able to diagnose faults on heating and ventilation systems. Complete emergency lighting tests and record results..
– Supervision and monitoring of sub-contractors works while they are on site. .
– To have a flexible approach to work and attendance, with a commitment to work as a team and individually as tasks require
– At times to assist current M & E works as directed by the Technical Service Manager / FM
– Recognise and escalate possible issues that may result in further damage such as leaks, loss of power, fire risks and exposure to H&S non-compliance
This is working for a good/well known FM company and is a great site to work on, rates are negotiable depending on experience and qualifications. We also have similar roles across the South Coast, please get in touch for more information