Fire System Commissioning Engineer
Aldermaston, South East-
£0 - £45,000 per annum
Consultant name: Rob Smith
Job reference: JO-2308-258509
Date posted: 08/09/2023
PRS are working with a globally recognised facilities management company who are actively recruiting for a Fire Ssstems Commissioning Engineer.
This is an opportunity to work a 9 day fortnight where you will have every other Friday off – week 1 is Monday – Friday and week 2 is Monday – Thursday – 7:45am-4:30pm
This is a role that will be based at 2 different sites where you will be commissioning fire alarm systems for both full systems and modifications to exisiting systems.
You will be responsible for:
- Commissioning of fire detection and alarm systems in accordance with BS5839pt1 and BRE/LPS1014 installation rules
- Carry out disconnection and programming for enabling works and reconnect and commission on completion
- Confirm compliance of installed system with agreed specification
- Carry out commissioning in accordance with company fire procedures for commissioning fire detection and alarm systems
- Complete all documentation in accordance with company fire procedures for compliance
- To undertake all duties and responsibilities, including relevant training and medicals, as deemed necessary for working in radiological and explosive controlled areas
- Complete timesheets weekly
- Comply with policies relating to Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Technical Compliance issues that effect the customer and employees
- Ensure all relevant engineering practices are adhered to
- Maintain company issued equipment in good order
- Ensure good timekeeping and housekeeping
- Carry out all duties in accordance with the Company Safety Manual
- Advise Manager of progress on the contract and/or works
- Develop and maintain effective Client relationship and assist in gaining future work for the Company
- Attend toolbox talks when required
- Return necessary paperwork to Administration team or Manager as required
- Work in a cost effective and efficient manner, ensuring that all systems worked upon are operational
- Proven ability to commission complex networked addressable fire detection and alarm systems
- Proven experience on working in industrial environments.
- Trained to FIA standards Units 1 (Fire Detection Design), Unit 6 (Advanced commissioning),or equivalent.
- Proven knowledge on relevant Fire standards BS 5839 Pt 1, BS 6266 Pt 1, BS 7273 Standards.
- Advanced diagnostic and fault finding skills
- Excellent communications skills.
- Smart, presentable appearance.
- Personable and approachable.
- A team player with the ability to work from their own initiative.
- Prepared to work additional hours if and when reasonably requested.
- Must be willing to undertake further training.
- Full Driving licence necessary
Due to the nature of the of the role and the security clearnaces needed for it, we can only consider British citizens.
In return, you will receive a salary of £45,000 plus £6400 site allowance, 25 days holiday on top of the additional 26 days you will get of each year, pension and a range of other benefits.
If you feel that you meet the criteria for this role then please apply now.