Refrigeration Engineer – Nottingham
Nottingham, East Midlands-
£0 - £48,570 per annum
Consultant name: Rob Smith
Job reference: JO-2309-259190
Date posted: 13/09/2023
PRS are working with a National facilities management company who are seeking an experience Refrigeration Engineer to cover multiple sites across the Nottingham and Derby areas.
In this role, you will be carrying out planned and reactive maintenance across several supermarket sites. You will be the first line in all service and maintenance throughout your allocated sites.
You will also effectively maintain service and repair Refrigeration Equipment in customer locations and provide assistance to HVAC equipment containing refrigeration circuits.
Other duties include:
- Prioritise maintenance and repair work to achieve agreed timescales and response times.
- Identify non-repairable faults promptly advise the Line manager of findings, with recommendations regarding suitable replacements
- To ensure PPM schedules are completed within agreed timescales and that all necessary paperwork is completed accurately and to the laid-down procedures
- Ensure that all technical and compliance paperwork is always completed and up to date
- Requirement to participate on an out of hours standby rota. Responsible for arranging & communication of any cover required due to holidays/ unforeseen circumstances to line manager
- To be aware of regulations and codes of practise applicable to the tasks
- To order and fit parts or components as prescribed by company procedures
- To notify the company helpdesk of procedural task condition on cessation of works
- To advise the GSMs of any repair, maintenance and installation issues that are likely to affect the smooth running of the store and to build rapport and promote the spirit of partnership with all GSM’s
- Respond promptly and positively to service call requests from the Helpdesk and to assess the requirements of the job and carry out repairs as and where necessary
- To carry out surveys and complete reports as required by the refrigeration supervisor/ RFM
- All work will be completed to the highest standards in an efficient and cost-effective manner, whilst complying with the laid-down Company Health and Safety policy
- To carry out all tasks assigned within the allotted time period to the satisfaction of the company and client
- To be proficient in the use of written and verbal communication, report writing and recording procedures
- To attend training courses as and where necessary and to ensure personal job skills keep pace with technical and business developments
- Ensure all mandatory Evolve on-line training modules are completed
- To comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act and the company’s Health and Safety Policy at all times
- To work with company and client colleagues to ensure that laid-down standards of quality are maintained at all times
- Working a 1 in 4 call out rota
- Proven refrigeration experience
- Refrigerant Handling C&G 2079 or equivalent CITB certificate
- Skill card
- NVQ level 2 in refrigeration and air conditioning
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Good team player
- full drivers licence
- Ability to work at heights
In return, you will receive a salary of £48569 plus van, fuel card, tools, 33 days holiday, pension scheme, retail discount, supermarket discount (10% off your shopping) and a wide range of additional benefits.
If you feel that you have the relevant experience and would like to know more about this role then please apply now.