Maintenance / Multi-Skilled Engineer
Portsmouth, South East-
£21 - £21 per annum
Consultant name: Steve Marsh
Job reference: JO-2309-259203
Date posted: 13/09/2023
Maintenance / Multi-Skilled Engineer – Portsmouth
PRS is currently seeking maintenance / Multi-Skilled / technician / engineer for a a business park in Portsmouth, the hours of work ae flexible start and finish times based on a 8 hours a day. Please see some of the job duties and skills required for this role below: You can be from a electrical or mechanical background but will need to have some M&E experience
- Provide general mechanical/HVAC/Building services maintenance support on all buildings and plant.
- Implement all mechanical maintenance and corrective works on the site in accordance with Maintenance Instructions.
- Perform testing and inspecting of mechanical systems in accordance with industry standards.
- Provide accurate feedback and information including but not limited to completed test sheets, routine rounds inspection sheets and work dockets containing duration’s of maintenance activities and observations.
- Ensure that all plant and systems are maintained and operated in order to provide maximum efficiency, availability and reliability.
- Carry out remedial and/or refurbishment works arising from breakdown or maintenance inspections.
- Respond to reactive maintenance/breakdown calls for the helpdesk and carrying out remedial work as necessary, providing feedback information to customer and helpdesk as required.
- Assume the role of Competent Person (mechanical) as authorised by the Authorised Person Controller.
- Develop and retaining knowledge of site system failures and their causes and effects.
- Carry out condition-based monitoring surveys.
- Carry out minor new works installations and testing.
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of plant and adjacent areas.
- Undertake defect surveys on electrical plant and systems and providing reports as requested by engineering management.
- Assist the mechanical Supervisor in providing information for technical and incident reports.
- Develop and retain a full knowledge of the operating characteristics of the site generation plant in order to provide monitoring attendance when running for emergency or test purposes
- Provide holiday and sickness cover for shift colleague.
- The ideal candidate will have the relevant C&G, BTEC level 3, ONC/OND or NVQ level 3 in a mechanical or electrical discipline
- The candidate will be qualified and/or trained in other building service disciplines including HVAC and will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in a building service environment.
- The candidate will be articulate, numerate and IT literate.
- Understanding of legislative compliance and contract law preferred.
- Being commercially aware puts the candidate at an advantage.
- Good all round knowledge of Facility Management and Building Services Engineering.
- The ability to establish, implement and monitor high standards of excellence in areas of quality, safety and operational performance.
- Must be able to demonstrate a full and thorough understanding of operational health & safety.
- Have good decision-making and communications skills.
- Be resilient under pressure and be able to converse confidently with staff, suppliers and customers at all levels.
If you are interested and can do this great role with a great company, please get in touch to avoid disappointment.