Administrator – Birmingham
Birmingham, West Midlands-
£12 - £12 per hour
Consultant name: Karen Chatfield
Job reference: JO-2309-259046
Date posted: 14/09/2023
PRS are seeking to recruit and experienced Administrator based in Birmingham – £11.79 per hour – based on working Monday to Friday – 8am – 4pm.
• To provide administrative support to the Team in accordance with the Service Level Agreements and local procedures.
• Maintain a safe and tidy working area and office
• To ensure all agreed administration and all associated procedures are adhered to.
• To ensure administrative functions are completed on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
• To ensure all records are accurately maintained according to procedure and in a timely manner
Impact: An admin assistant is responsible for all admin office and ad-hock duties that are carried out on a day to day basis. They are to support the management team and maintain a professional manner at all times for visitors, clients and the team.
• Working within an operational environment would involve meeting deadlines regularly and maintaining communication with all involved.
• To ensure that procedures associated with the Procurement process such as; purchasing, goods receiving, processing invoices for payment, dealing with queries and chasing aged dept. etc. are followed through in a timely manner.
• To provide day-to-day administration support to the team. Below are a few examples of what the duties will include:
o Issuing and circulating documentation via email or hand-outs/posters;
o Photocopying, Laminating, Binding, Scanning;
o Typing of reports, minutes, other correspondence, creating documents;
o Using computer based IT packages such as Word, Excel etc.;
o Raising purchase orders for suppliers and ordering items for the site teams/engineers using cost saving initiatives and ensuring budgets are maintained at all times;
o Managing and updating trackers.
• To follow procedures associated with ‘Uniforms’ for staff to include; carrying out stock checks, purchasing, issuing etc. and ensure that all documentation is maintained for future reference.
• To follow procedures associated with ‘Consumable orders’ for site teams to include; purchasing and ensuring all items are delivered to site correctly.
• To follow procedures associated with malicious damage for site teams to include; recording of damage reported on tracker, update folders, order replacements where required, ensure costs are recorded.
• Liaison with other site personnel as well as client representatives including Trust wards and departments, other service providers, suppliers etc. as and when required.
• Support Management when attending client/school/employee meetings.
• To work within a team and provide support to each other.
• To provide administrative cover to other parts of the administration service during staff absences
• Ad-hoc office duties including:
o Answering the telephone
o Office stock checks
o Organisation of office and housekeeping
o Maintaining the central office filing system on a weekly basis
o Organising post or deliveries
• Communicating with site teams and management on a regular basis.
• Attend training courses as required by the company.
• Ensure all documentation produced forms part of the on-site Central Filing System and follows the current formatting on the shared drive.
• Ensure all data and management information is maintained and communicated accurately to agreed deadlines.
• To assist the Office Manager with monthly/annual business and client reports.
Qualifications or Required Experience:
• Experience in a similar role or progression towards.
• High level of competency in office related IT systems
• Organisational and administration acumen.
• Mailroom management.
• Excellent people management and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Ability to prioritise & work effectively under pressure.
• Effective communicator.
• Office related IT systems.
• Administration & IT related qualifications or relevant experience.
If you are interested then please click the APPLY button now
PRS are a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors.
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer.