Electrical Shift Engineer – Slough
Slough, South East-
£51,600 - £51,600 per annum
Consultant name: Joe Taylor
Job reference: 000000000085215
Date posted: 08/11/2023
Critical Data Centre M&E Engineer – Slough
Salary: £51,600 (£48,000 basic + 7.5% bonus)
Hours – Continental Shift (Days and nights)
- 12% pension
- Training on HV / MV / LV – very soon after joining
- Internal progression across the contract
- Overtime at 1.5 and bank holiday higher
- Counselling Support if needed
- Ear Care
- Internal Company rewards
- Health care
- Wellness Days
Our client are a global data centre services organisation, steadily growing their presence, and have a requirement for an electrical shift engineer to be based at a State-of-the-Art Data Centre Facility in Slough. Working a continetal shift pattern (Days and nights), this role calls for experienced multi-skilled building services or data centre engineers to join and take responsibility for routine and reactive maintenance to electrical and mechanical systems in a highly critical environment.
This organisation are a world renowned leader within the data centre space, with a large portfolio of sites across the United States and now Europe – this is a brand new data centre, and as such an exciting time to get involved on day one of a new site. There are strong progression routes through to management, with a healthy opportunity for overtime and training budget.
- To deliver & ensure all Critical Facility PPM’s are carried out to schedule and also ensure completion of all reactive works requests ensuring closing and completion in line with SLA’s.
- Carrying out daily emergency callout tasks
- Completing logbooks and RAMS
- Attending client meetings
- Able to apply a risk focused maintenance approach and operations of plant and systems in data centres/critical environments.
- Ensuring all critical client services, computer rooms, data networks, manufacturing and revenue earning services meet client requirements.
- Provide emergency response standby, call out. Escalate urgent issues. Respond to work interruptions, outages or emergencies consistent with the SLA.
- Support critical environment related technical audits as required and directed by line manager.
- Completion of records and logs required to demonstrate delivery of maintenance requirements.
- Control and supervise contractors when required.
- Emergency lighting testing
- All Electrical work including lighting, wiring, testing, alarm systems, BMS, lighting systems and Heat exchangers
- Engineers must be able to demonstrate appropriate knowledge of AHU, FCU, UPS, Generators, LV systems, which will include the ability to fault find.
- Trade trained with ideally 3 years’ experience in the building services
- City & Guilds Qualified Electrical Level 3.
- Critical site experience (Data Centre or Banking Sites)
- Good building services knowledge
- Excellent Client Facing