Mechanical Design Engineer – Essex
Romford, South East-
£45,000 - £55,000 per annum
Consultant name: Chris Logan
Job reference: 000000000085323
Date posted: 13/11/2023
Mechanical Design Engineer needed in Essex (Building Services)
Are you a Senior Design Engineers or Intermediate Design Engineers?
Do you want to join the team of this successfully family run company in Romford, Essex?
Do you have experience working on Building Services design projects in the UK?
If the answer is “Yes” then please apply today to be considered for this fantastic opportunity, to join this family run building services consultancy offering expertise in Mechanical, Electrical, Lift, Information Technology and Public Health Engineering.Formed in 1980 the practice has grown consistently to become a well-established and respected organisation, with a diverse client base and impressive portfolio of completed work. With client retention and feedback that are second to none. They work extensively in the following sectors:
- Rail transport
- Education (primary, Secondary, further and Higher)
- Commercial Office
- Civic and government
- Healthcare and pharmaceutical (including research)
- Heritage and listed buildings
- Arts, sport and leisure
So, experience in any of these would be a great and if you want to work on these project types then this could be the perfect job for you. The salaries as a guide but can be negotiable are circa:
- Senior Engineer – Circa £55,000 depending on experience +/-
- Intermediate – Circa £45,000 depending on experience +/-
You will also get a fantastic benefits package and a market leading salary along with long term stability and progression opportunities.
You will need to have Building Services Design experience and if you have experience working refurbishment, education, rail/transport, leisure, commercial office and heritage sectors it would be very advantageous. Intermediate Engineers will need to have experience working on similar UK projects having completed your studies and be able to obtain a good reference to demonstrate your previous employment in a similar role. Senior Engineers will have a wide range of project experience and a proven track record.
- You will need to prepare calculations in Hevacomp / Openbuildings, produce detailed designs without assistance. Have experience of carrying out surveys, preparing reports/specifications.
- Experienced in client facing role.
- Can communicate effectively with in-house and external team members.
- Good time-management, working on multiple concurrent projects. Knowledge of Bluebeam and NBS would be desirable but not essential.
- Undertake surveys and condition reports.
- Prepare feasibility studies and cost plans.
- Prepare coordinated mechanical designs (detailed design) and prepare tender documents. Attend design, client and site meetings.
- Supervise and mentor junior members of staff and CAD team. Act as Contract administrator on mechanical lead projects.
- Work as part of a team in multi-disciplinary jobs.
Mechanical Design Engineer Requirements:
- Masters or Honours Degree in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering
- Hevacomp / Openbuildings
- 3D CAD – AutoCAD
If you would like to be considered for the Mechanical Design Engineer position or would like to learn more then please send me a copy of your CV and I will be in contact.