Electrical Supervisor – Basingstoke
Basingstoke, South East-
£55,000 - £65,000 per annum
Consultant name: Chris Logan
Job reference: 000000000085360
Date posted: 15/11/2023
Job title: Electrical Supervisor – Basingstoke
Responsible for (no. of staff): 4-6
Hours of work: 40 hours per week
Dependent on experience Do you want to work for an award-winning multidisciplinary design and survey consultancy in the critical infrastructure sector? They are a trusted partners to many of the largest and well-known critical infrastructure companies in the UK.They have a fantastic opportunity to join the company as an Electrical Supervisor in their Basingstoke office.They are a close-knit team, that is refreshingly different to work with than many large corporates. They are friendly, flexible and dynamic in their approach to people, projects and clients. They currently have a team of 45 across the group and you could be the 46th.
Responsible for the efficient and effective supervision of Electrical operatives working on small installation projects, typically up to £50k. You will have a hands-on approach as a Qualifying Supervisor and be able to scope works from drawings and specifications, order materials, issue permits and ensure electrical safety rules are followed.
Supervise electrical installation work in accordance with the National Working Rules for the Electrical Contracting Industry, the current IET Wiring Regulations for the Requirements of Electrical Installations BS7671, Construction Industry Safety Regulations and Network Rail Standards.Working along side our Survey Team to deliver on site testing and reporting.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities – Overview:
- Ensure safe working practices and electrical safety rules are followed by site operatives
- Responsible for the supervision of site based operatives including subcontractors
- Complete initial electrical site safety report before each job commences
- Set out jobs from drawings and specifications and requisition the necessary installation materials
- Prepare drawings for CAD updates and revisions.
- Accept responsibility for the proper completion and hand back of projects
- Develop team and individuals to enhance performance
- Facilitate and attend client meetings
- Establish and oversee supply of materials
- Complete electrical site safety audits and electrical completion paperwork
- Responsible for managing and maintaining a safe working site
- Responsible for providing daily site briefings
- Responsible for delivering site based tool box talks
- Responsible for undertaking site inspections
- Liaising with the Survey Team Administrator for ordering plant and materials to site including the monitoring and safe return to supplier
- Accountable for having correct safety paperwork on site (WPP’s etc.)
- Responsible for the preparation and issue of waste transfer notices, including providing copies to the Client
- Accountable for correctly filling out permits .i.e. working at height, hot works permits etc.
- Complete ITP’s
- On completion of works is accountable for issuing test certification
- Ensuring that the results of inspection and testing are recorded correctly on the appropriate certificates or reports.
- Ensuring that the business’ premises, equipment, documentation and records are available for inspection when required by Electrical governing body, such as NICEIC
- Safeguarding all unused Electrical installation/inspection forms of certification and reporting any loss, theft or misuse.
- Experienced supervisor team leader.
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in both written and oral English. The ability to communicate confidently and clearly is imperative.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Reliable, punctual, well organised.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team whilst maintaining equanimity at all times.
- Working to tight deadlines.
- The ability to influence others and co-ordinate work flows within a complex body of work.
- Good personal presentation with laundered, tidy uniform/PPE worn at all times whilst on duty.
- Good attitude to flexible working hours given the nature of the works.
- Must hold in date ECS Gold Card Installation Electrician.
- City & Guilds Level 3 Award in Inspection and Testing (2391-52) .
- City & Guilds Level 3 Award in the Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations (2394-01) and Level 3 Award in the Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations (2395-01)
- City & Guilds 18th Edition.
- Understand the Electricity at Work Regulations, current edition of BS 7671, Relevant Network Rail standards, and the Codes of Practice and guidance documents relevant to the range of electrical work undertaken.
- Understand the nature of working in an infrastructure environment, i.e. rail.
- Understand the inspection, testing, verification, certification and reporting procedures for the range of electrical work undertaken.
- Emergency First Aid at Work & selected Mandatory H&S Induction Courses.
- In date Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS).
- Full UK Driving Licence.
Required previous experience:
- Have at least two consecutive year’s supervisory or managerial responsibility for the standard of electrical installation work.
- Post holder must be able to demonstrate practical supervisory skill and experience.
- Experience of working in the Rail Industry within a project delivery environment.
For more information and to be considered for this role, please apply today.