Hard Services Operations Facilities Manager
London, South East-
£80,000 - £90,000 per annum
Consultant name: Glenn Steed
Job reference: 000000000064764
Date posted: 17/11/2023
FM Operations Manager – Hospital Environment – £80,000 – £90,000
Forming continued growth and looking forward to succession planning we are looking for a high calibre Operations Manager to lead our resident contract in Central London.
To provide Building Services Operation and Maintenance to the installed M&E and Fabric services, including the management of specialist service providers on behalf of the Trust. The successful candidate will be leading a team of 38, providing 24/7/365 service, to always ensure patient care and safety and an outstanding environment for the clinicians and staff to work.
The hospital consists of circa 450 beds and approximately 350 outpatient appointments per day, providing A&E, maternity, NICU, Burns Unit, general surgery, HIV and sexual health, oncology and Private.
Summary of the key aspects required for this role;
Overall responsibility for operations, management, resourcing, delivery, technical quality, financial control, customer relationships and compliance to company and statutory policies.
Overall responsibility for the operation, management, resourcing, delivery, technical quality, financial control, and compliance to company policies, of a Hard FM Services contract, as defined by the Company.
Overall responsibility for the financial forecasting and reporting of pipeline, cost, sales, gross profit, and risk associated with a Hard FM Services contract.
Overall responsibility for the compliance with statutory regulations, international standards, industry specific guidelines, employer and customer requirements and company policies that are applicable to the services provided by the Company.
Overall responsibility for the development and securing of sales with existing and new customers and shall work with all other Stakeholders who contribute to sales development across all divisions and departments.
Be responsible for providing timely, inputting and updating business information, industry intelligence, and factual data to the Company CRM system to provide accurate lead, opportunity, quote and enquiry data, work order status, and invoicing schedules for the division.
Be responsible for providing line management duties to all staff within a division, and for liaising with all company departments in relation to the status, performance, training, appointment, appraisal, development and discipline of all employees in a division.
Report on all activities associated with the above in accordance with Company Board reporting requirements.
The successful applicants must have:
- ONC Mechanical or Electrical building services qualification
- Management training to ILM standard
- Computer literate (Excel, Word, Microsoft Dynamics, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint)
- Desirable experience to HTM Authorised Person accreditation in one of the following HV/LV, Ventilation, Medical Gas, Pressure Systems (Steam), Water Hygiene, Fire, Lifts
- Proven experience in management and development of the team, with a high degree of interpersonal skills
- IOSH Managing Safely.
- Previous experience working in the NHS
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Commercially focused and experience in managing the P&L
- Annual leave: 25 days pa plus public bank holidays
- Auto enrol pension (salary sacrifice) – 5% EE, 4% ER
- Selective training will be provided.
- Death in service (2x multiplier) after probation
- Perk box after probation
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Performance related bonus (noncontractual)
- Car Allowance
- Monday to Friday 08:00 to 17:00