London, South East-
£38,000 - £38,000 per annum
Consultant name: Mohammed Siddique
Job reference: JO-2211-253880
Date posted: 31/01/2023
£44,000 + Training + Career Proregression + 20 Days Holiday
Purpose of Role:
A critical services shift technician as part of the project integration team operating 24/7 in support of a clients major London refurbishment of their EMEA headquarters in Canary Wharf.
- To undertake fire system isolations and impairments.
- To assist and manage the safe system of operations whilst managing the isolations, controlling the trade contractors whilst the work is carried out removing redundant equipment, liaise with on-site team to plan works in a coherent controlled manner.
- To assist in monitoring the system are fully operational including witnessing any re- commissioning, witnessing, snagging and handover of these systems back to the BAU team when partial removal has taken place on a system.
- Monitor QHSE works when the tasks are being performed.
- To monitor, as necessary, project works within the critical engineering functions as managed by the Project team ensuring the clients normal operations are not affected.
- To monitor and ensure that project works are being completed in line with health and safety policy and standards
- To attend all relevant programme and project management meetings.
- To monitor the installation and removals of the systems.
- To aid as required by the client for the supply of data and information.
- To ensure that the safe system of works is used for all project works completed.
- To review RAMs for project activities within non demised areas with a view on business impact (risk) and engineering system resilience with multiple work front activities taking place simultaneously.
- To advise the client of any issues which may influence their decisions when carrying out any works.
- To ensure alignment of works between Project and BAU activities.
- To ensure that reports are produced as and when required.
- To identify to the project integration technical manager, any issues that require attention
- To ensure that the projects team following the agreed contract code of practice and site rules and escalate as required.
- Provide escort to technical and non-technical areas when required.
- Operates within agreed operational and/or management guidelines.
- Maintains effective internal and external client or user relationships within own area of responsibility.
- Delivers health and safety policy and standards.
- Applies high level technical skills across a range of functional or business activities.
- Optimises performance.
- Managing critical environments and core life safe infrastructure
- Demonstrate a good understanding and be technically competent in all building services, in particular – UPS’s, transfer switches, PLC systems, critical cooling systems, water treatment, refrigeration systems and HV/LV electrical infrastructure
- Sound understanding and experience of meeting health and safety obligations regarding maintenance and project activities