£39,000 - £39,000 per annum
Consultant name: Matt Soulsby
Job reference: 000000000086223-1
Date posted: 29/01/2024
We are recruiting for a maintenance electrician completing PPM and reactive maintenance on a large industrial facility in the Glasgow area. You will be expected to have good all-round knowledge of other FM disciplines including general mechanical and fabric works.
The role is a permanent position paying up to 39k basic. Mon-Fri (40 hours per week days)
Flexible start and finish times; 7am-4pm / 8am – 5pm etc.
On call 1 in 4 (£125 standby)
25 days holiday plus stat
staff development, care packages inc healthcare etc.
Circa 1 in 6 weeks there is a requirement to work 1 week away on a remote client site. Therefore transport and accommodation etc. are arranged. The van is supplied for the engineer.
Within the maintenance electrician role you will be carrying out all planned preventative and reactive maintenance tasks across the estate. You will be working over a diverse site therefore a flexible approach is required as you will often be called to carry out or support works that are outside your core discipline.
Duties to include: –
* Planned Pro-Active Maintenance tasks and electrical compliance processes
* Reactive Repairs
* Emergency Lighting Systems
* Power and distribution, Lights, Sockets, Switches, Door Control Systems, BMS, Control Panels etc
* Small Works – Electrical installation work
* Assistance with estate High Voltage, Low Voltage Systems – resetting of tripped circuits and event aftermath issues
* General HVAC systems such as AHU’s and fan coils plus basic mechanical plant
(onsite internal training for all of the above will be carried out to educate staff to the required competency levels)
Skills & Background Required :
Qualified Electrician with 17th/18th Edition Wiring Regulations
* Proven substantial experience within electrical trade and maintenance work
* Confident capable engineer able to assess situations
* Skilled in the hands-on repair of all plant and equipment, having the ability to fault find, read drawings, diagnose and repair using their technical knowledge on equipment.
* Able to demonstrate an aptitude for problem solving using a logical approach
* Confident and logical under pressure but must understand urgency and respond accordingly
* Attend external and internal courses as required
* Good understanding of Health and Safety at Work regulations.
* Must be computer literate and able to demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills
* Must be Punctual, Prompt and Professionally Adept within the workplace
* Some experience of large industrial facilities
Valid driving license
Willing to work away on occasion
If you are interested then please click the APPLY button now
PRS are a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors.
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer.