Milton Keynes, South East-
£36,000 - £36,000 per annum
Consultant name: Rob Smith
Job reference: 000000000086619
Date posted: 01/02/2024
PRS are working with a well know facilities management company who are recruiting for a Maintenance Electrician based in Milton Keynes.
The main purpose of this role is to carry out technical repairs and PPM’s as well as reactive works. You will also ensure that all technical and compliance paperwork is completed and up to date at all times.
In this role, you will the first line in all maintenance issues.
- Complete the Planned Preventative Maintenance schedule within agreed timescales and to ensure all necessary paperwork is completed accurately
- Respond promptly and positively to service call requests from the Helpdesk and to assess the requirements of the job and carry out repairs as and where necessary
- Prioritise maintenance and repair work to achieve agreed timescales and response times
- Deliver reactive and planned fire alarm system maintenance
- Conduct emergency lighting tests and repairs
- Follow purchase order process
- Identify non-repairable faults in plant and machinery and promptly advise the Line Manager of findings, with recommendations regarding suitable replacement
- Ensure that compliance documentation is completed and up to date at all times
- Advise the on-site customer (manager) of any repair and maintenance issues that are likely to affect the smooth running of the site
- Carry out surveys and complete reports as required by City management
- Carry out minor alterations and installations within the individual’s technical competence in accordance with current specifications
- Complete general repairs and maintenance to customer sites
- Attend training courses as and where necessary and to ensure personal job skills keep pace with technical developments
- Comply with the company Health and Safety Policy at all times
- Be part of a 24/7 call out rota
- Work with company and customer employees to ensure laid-down standards of quality are maintained at all times
- NVQ Level 3/City & Guilds 236 Part 1 + 2 or equivalent in electrical installation/Maintenance
- 18th edition
- 3 phase electrics and its applications
- Ability to maintain and repair a wide range of electrical and mechanical equipment, e.g. commercial ovens, dishwashers and microwaves
- Quality of repairs and maintenance
- Speed and efficiency of work
- Response to service call requests within agreed response times
- Achievement of PPM schedule within agreed timescales
- Maintenance of the Health and Safety policy
- Client and City colleague relationships and feedback
In return, you will receive a salary of £36297.76 plus additional on call payment, 25 days holiday, pension contribution, retail discounts and a range of other benefits.
If you believe that you have the relevant experience and qualifications to be successful in this role, then please apply now.