Preston, North West-
£48,570 - £48,570 per annum
Consultant name: Matt Soulsby
Job reference: 000000000086785
Date posted: 09/02/2024
We are recruiting for an experienced Refrigeration Engineer to provide maintenance services to refrigeration plant and equipment on a large scale commercial contract in the Preston / Lancashire area. This is a key position, carrying out planned and reactive maintenance across several site locations. The position is a permanent role paying circa 48.5k plus van, fuel card, company pension scheme, discount scheme. Inclusion in the standby rota required.
Refrigeration Engineer Description:
· Prioritise maintenance and repair work to achieve agreed timescales and response times.
· Identify non-repairable faults promptly advise the Line manager of findings, with recommendations regarding suitable replacements.
· To ensure PPM schedules are completed within agreed timescales and that all necessary paperwork is completed accurately and to the laid-down procedures.
· Ensure that all technical and compliance paperwork is always completed and up to date.
· Requirement to participate on an out of hours standby rota. Responsible for arranging & communication of any cover required due to holidays/ unforeseen circumstances to line manager.
· To order and fit refrigeration parts or components as prescribed by company procedures.
· To notify the company helpdesk of procedural task condition on cessation of works.
· Respond promptly and positively to service call requests from the Helpdesk and to assess the requirements of the job and carry out repairs as and where necessary
· All work will be completed to the highest standards in an efficient and cost-effective manner, whilst complying with the laid-down Company Health and Safety policy.
· To carry out all tasks assigned within the allotted time period to the satisfaction of the company and client.
· To be proficient in the use of written and verbal communication, report writing and recording procedures.
· To comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act and the company’s Health and Safety Policy at all times.
· Time Served Apprenticeship
· NVQ/C&G Refrigeration Based Qualification
· Refrigerant Handling C&G 2079 or equivalent CITB certificate
· Maintenance bias
· Basic Electrical
· General Mechanical skills
· Commercial/retail experience
· Valid Driving License
If you are interested then please click the APPLY button now
PRS are a leading specialist recruitment and search & selection consultancy within the Building Services, FM and Support Sectors.
Please note if you have not heard from us within 5 days, then your application has not been successful.
PRS is an equal opportunities employer.