Engineering Services Manager
Vauxhall, South East-
£65,000 - £75,000 per annum
Consultant name: Daniel Oldfield
Job reference: 000000000086790
Date posted: 09/02/2024
Engineering Services Manager
Managing Agent – South West London
£65 – 75,000 Salary
Training & Career Development
Our client are a global property and real estate organisation, with a portfolio of commercial properties across the UK and Europe. Across these properties, they employ a team of specialist facilities and engineering managers, who provide technical experise while working in conjunction/helping manage the 3rd-party M&E services provider as well as helping to coordinate helpdesk, cleaning, security, etc. Due to expansion within an existing account, the managing agent seek an Engineering Services Manager to be based at a high-profile mixed-use development of circa 8 million sq. ft. located the South West London area, comprising commercial office space, retail and event space. Guideline salary is circa £65-75,000 basic, along with annual bonus, excellent pension scheme, private healthcare, etc.
Candidates must be fully qualified in an engineering discipline, ideally having completed a full apprenticeship, and have at least five years experience in a similar technical/engineering services management role. Preferably this will have been served in a trophy/multi-site account, being able to demonstrate direct management of a 3rd party maintenance organisation. Along with core M&E qualifications, additional training such as IOSH/NEBOSH or Charted/IEng status would be a bonus.
This role will provide key leadership role in technical strategy and infrastructure and including technical project management. Ensuring the estate is operating efficiently, effectively and safely in line with statutory compliance, best practice, expected high standards and operational business strategies. Working with all departments and external service partners to ensure delivery in line with overall Mission, Vision, Values and Objectives. Some responsibilities will include:
- Ensure compliance with all Health & Safety Legislation and Company Health & Safety practices and procedures, utilising the guidance and support from the Central compliance/operations team.
- Develop and implement Business strategies across the Technical and M&E areas, including management of Energy and Water strategies.
- Influencing sustainable asset management in line with the overarching business strategy.
- Accountability and Management of all MEP services.
- Accountability and Management of all Technical Projects, with the support of the Building Services Manager.
- Maintain accurate records of works completed and associated financial costs. Use this information to report to the Head of Operations and External Stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Full financial accountability and business continuity for Project and Lifecycle Replacement work within the Buildings and elements of the Estate. Correctly scheduling works to manage service charge cash flow as necessary. Ensuring accurate tracking, and involvement in forecast planning. To manage and report on service charge expenditure variation.
- Work closely with the Head of Operations to report on expenditure, cashflow, statutory compliance and contract performance
- Review and amend supplier contract specifications and manage contractor tender processes for fixed term service contract as necessary.
- Establish contract and supplier contract costs and provide these to the Head of Operations for inclusion into the annual service charge budget in a timely manner.
- Management of guest company (tenant) license to alter applications including reviewing of drawings for proposed works. Management of wayleave application processes. Both with Technical input from the BSM.
- Monitoring of general estate condition and identification of health and safety issues or areas of improvement.
- Work with the portfolio compliance manager to ensure that the estate processes and procedures meet the relevant ISO standards to maintain ISO certification.
- Provide input into regular operational management meetings and reports as required.
- Attend regular site-based contractor review meetings.
- Establish procedures for monitoring and benchmarking supplier and contract performance. Maintain, drive, supervise and implement robust technical standards, systems and processes
- Preparation of presentations for webinars, meetings and reports and assist in writing submission documents for external stakeholder engagement, with input from the BSM
- HR responsibilities in line with people management.
- On-call support for the Business in relation to Emergency Procedures and Disaster Recovery.
- Effective stakeholder engagement with the leadership team.
This is a rare opportunity to work client-side in the South West London area, and will suit those in either in-house/managing agent positions or those on the FM service provider side looking to make the move across for the security and prospects which a global Real Estate organisation can offer. This is a hugely exciting mixed-use development, comprising high-end office space, luxury retailers, residential and millions of square feet of public space. Newly created to bolster the existing engineering and property team, it will encompass managing commercial space & service provider, involvement with fit-out and projects, encompassing all aspects of commercial building services engineering. A fantastic chance to develop for a technically minded individual with good communication skills and computer literacy to develop with one of the biggest names within commercial real estate.