Mobile Electrical Engineer
Hampshire, South East-
£43,000 - £45,000 per annum
Consultant name: Emma Cops
Job reference: 000000000086242-2
Date posted: 12/02/2024
Mobile Electrical Engineer
Basingstoke/ Southampton, Hampshire
£43,000 – £45,000
Do you live in a commutable distance to Southampton and Basingstoke?
Do you have experience in electrical building maintenance within the commercial sector?
Are you dedicated to delivering great service and want to join a growing company that looks after its people? Do you have the skills and experience in a similar role with a business-focused mind-set? If so, then we have the role for you.
PRS are now in need of a Mobile Electrical Engineer, to undertake planned preventive maintenance, reactive repairs to plant and equipment along with supporting the day-to-day operations of M&E services across Southampton and Basingstoke.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Carry out routine daily and monthly tasks as defined by the planned preventative maintenance (PPM) system for electrical and mechanical services in accordance with set schedules
- To respond to callouts, cover breakdowns and emergencies associated with the M&E services of the contract as required.
- Deal promptly with any priority works allocated by the Help Desk
- Enter and maintain all information on any worksheets issued by Help Desk, including details of action taken, hours expended and return completed job sheets promptly
- On call cover 1 in 4
- Survey work and produce a cost list of materials with time to complete.
- To co-ordinate visits with specialist sub-contractors associated with mechanical/electrical aspects of the PPM schedules.
- Assist other trades as necessary.
- Carry out minor M&E installation work to systems within agreed skill sets.
- Carry out technical surveys and report findings to the office.
- Undertake training that may be required to fulfil your duties.
- Be an active participant in reviewing existing techniques and implementing new techniques to enhance the service to our Clients.
- Carry out duties in accordance with company procedures and the clients requirements.
- Assist in undertaking duties which are required to fulfil our contractual obligations
- Maintain equipment and tools, ensuring they are fit for purpose at all times
- To undertake any other duties as may reasonably be requested, which are within your competence and experience.
Aims and Objectives
- To focus on achieving KPI results and for the business
- To respond and cooperate in achieving the required tasks set completion within agreed SLA’s
- Be the face of our client and to maintain its reputation with their customers
- Be part of a cohesive working team which aim is to provide a high level of service to the client
- To provide a high quality support service to our Facilities Management contracts ensure adherence to Health and Safety is met at all times
- To proactively work towards the growth of the contract into other service provisions be they Mechanical and Electrical, Life Cycle replacements and Project works
The core support team competency framework for the position are:
- Teamwork – Actively contributes to the team and strives to improve teams’ effectiveness through personal commitment.
- Planning, Organising & Executing – Able to understand the priorities, plan and organise work and manage own time to deliver within the expected timescales.
- Communication – Communicates clearly and concisely
- Commercial Awareness – Understands the importance for managing costs and expense, applying the necessary controls.
- Risk Management – Is aware on the impact on risk to the business and applies the necessary controls.
- Adaptability – Is responsive and open to changing circumstance.
- Drive for Excellence – Aims to deliver a high standard of work.
- Self Motivation and Development- Is confident in own ability and is motivated to deliver, using opportunities to further develop.
- Customer Awareness – Responsive to the needs of the customer and aims to deliver customer satisfaction.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
The knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience relevant to the position are:
- Electrical Qualification Level 2 or 3
- 2391 Inspection and Testing
- Experience in Inspection and Testing
- Mobile Maintenance and Reactive Repair Experience
- Team Player
- Computer Literate
- Able to Work on Own Initiative
- HVAC Experience
- L8 Trained
- Plumbing and Hot Water Systems Experience
- C&G 2357 NVQ Level 3 Electrical Installation or Maintenance
- Microsoft Systems, Teams, Outlook and Excel
- UK Drivers License (required)