HV AP Shift Manager – Slough
HV AP Shift Manager – Slough
Slough, South East-
£59,000 - £59,000 per annum
Consultant name: Alfie Woonton
Job reference: JO-2302-255515
Date posted: 26/05/2023
HV AP Shift Manager
Salary: £59,000 plus Bonus
Hours – Continental Shift Pattern
Our client are a global data centre services organisation, steadily growing their presence, and have a requirement for a HVAP Shift Manager to be based at a newly built data centre facility in Heathrow. The successful canddiate will be required to control and implement deliverables against all allocated Customer Specific Service Level and KPI Agreements. To make a direct contribution to the development and successful operation of the Managed Services function, working with colleagues to develop and implement departmental strategy, objectives and improvement processes. The operational requirements for customer sites are to be a member of the team covering 24 hours a day 365 days per year on a shift Rota basis and to be available to cover shift members where possible. The Shift Manager is responsible for the day to day operation of the shift carrying out Planned Preventative Maintenance and Reactive works to Building Services Systems within a contracted site.
- Ensure that Planned Preventative Maintenance & Reactive maintenance tasks are carried out for all of the site related assets, these will be conducted through the Planned Preventative Maintenance System.
- Ensure that accurate and comprehensive records are kept pertaining to Health & Safety, Building Compliance and Quality Assurance.
- This role requires an HV qualification and the individual must obtain Authorised Person status to meet contract requirements.
- Ensure that sub-contractors perform to meet the requirement of the contract. Administer sub-contractor work approvals and safe operation while repair or service is carried out on site.
- To operate a Permit to Work System in accordance with Quality, Health & Safety procedures and client requirements (or approved client system).
- Ensure that plant faults and defects are swiftly remedied to maintain plant in serviceable order at all times.
- Escalate any incidents or concerns on site to your Engineering Manager as per agreed site escalation procedure.
- To carry out routine quality checks on workforce activities, record keeping and general housekeeping.
- Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out maintenance of the above plant.
- Overview the buildings environmental conditions using the BMS / Ignition System and utilise same to maintain acceptable internal conditions.
- Ensure that comprehensive maintenance records are completed in the form of job sheets.
- Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared, reviewed and utilised for all tasks (PPM’s and reactive) carried out to ensure safe working practices.
- Supervising and monitoring of sub-contractors works whilst they are on site undertaking maintenance or emergency repairs. Ensure method statements and risk assessments are issued and adhered to.
- To arrange and provide holiday and sickness cover at short notice and be flexible in their working patterns.
- Trade trained with ideally 3 years’ experience in the building services
- City & Guilds Qualified Electrical Level 3.
- Critical site (Data Centre or Banking Sites)
- HV Qualification is essential.
- Good building services knowledge
- Excellent Client Facing
- Ability to lead a team when under pressure, whilst remaining calm, clear thinking and able to deliver the required services to the client within given time constraints.
- Individuals who can demonstrate commitment and previous experience; but not meet all the required technical qualifications may be considered subject to Directors approval.
- Demonstrate a willingness to attend on and off site training for plant and systems this may require nights away from home.