Data Centre Shift Engineer – Harlow
Data Centre Shift Engineer – Harlow
Harlow, East Anglia-
£48,000 - £51,000 per annum
Consultant name: Alfie Woonton
Job reference: JO-2109-245543
Date posted: 26/05/2023
Data Centre Shift Engineer – Harlow – £51,000
Hours – Continental Shift
Our client are a global data centre services organisation, steadily growing their presence, and have a requirement for multiple shift engineers to be based at a newly built data centre facility in North London. Working on a continental shift pattern, covering 12 hour days and nights, the role calls for experienced multi-skilled building services or data centre engineers to join and take responsibility for routine and reactive maintenance to electrical and mechanical systems in a highly critical environment. These sites are co-location, housing servers for blue chip, household name organisations and such is vital they maintain 100% uptime. Guideline salary is up to £48,000 basic, along with an annual bonus (based on total earnings inc. OT, not just salary). Combined with opportunity for overtime and training, this is an exceptional opportunity to join a market leader in a booming sector.
- To ensure site Electrical systems are operated and maintained to the required codes of practice and industry guidelines.
- Ensure the PPM’s for the as built equipment is fully maintained and carried out in a high calibre and on time.
- To carry out day-to-day maintenance and reactive issues relating to all the electrical equipment and assets.
- Complete information and feed back to computer based systems particularly the PPM system.
- Carry out fault identification/rectification and escalation when required on heating, ventilation and air conditioning issues.
- Installation and modification of site electrical services.
- Maintain effective communication to the Shift Supervisor including plant status, plant isolation, issues arising, ongoing works and standards of housekeeping.
- Ensure any parts required are clearly and accurately stated and any difficulties encountered on engineering activities are reported to the Shift Supervisor.
- Plant areas, workshops, stores, changing/rest areas etc. are kept to the highest level of housekeeping
- Operation and trouble shooting for the following:
- Building Electrical Installation (associated panels, equipment, and circuits).
- Emergency lighting.
- Lighting Control system.
- Building Management Systems (BMS)
- Fire suppression and detection systems
- Air conditioning System, VAV, FCU’s and Split Systems.
- AHU’s, Variable speed drives.
- Heating system.
- Generators and controls.
- Single and three phase motors.
- UPS system and associated control systems.
- Operation of HV systems (training and familiarisation with this system will be made available).
- Previous experience in Building Services industry
- C&G qualified or equivalent in an electrical services/maintenance.
- 18th Edition IEE: Wiring & Installation competent
- HV Approved Person
- Confined Space entry trained. (Where required)
- Recognised training or apprenticeship
- Strong communication skills and the ability to deal with all levels of staff.
- Demonstrate a good understanding and be technically competent in all building services, in particular UPS, generators, static switches, water treatment, refrigeration and air conditioning.
- Proactive in achieving the highest standard of operation.
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Bonus Scheme
- First class Training
- Excellent People Culture
- Career Progression opportunities
- Overtime and Shift Cover at 1.5 and double time
- Private Healthcare