South East England, South East-
£45,000 - £45,000 per annum
Consultant name: Mohammed Siddique
Job reference: JO-2307-258147-1
Date posted: 28/09/2023
Maintenance Pump Engineer
£45,000 + Career progression + 25 das holiday + Pension + Benefits
- To maintain the Engineering services practices in the designated accounts and sites within the business portfolio.
- To effectively deliver the day-to-day operation of a Multi – skilled engineer as designated by
- PPM and Reactive Works issued by the Planning Scheduler.
- Full Compliance to ISO 9001, 14001 and OSHAS 18001 protocols and
- procedures, in accordance with Staff Handbook, Toolbox Talks and site instructions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To Adhere to the Maintenance Management system in all engineering practices, including
- planned and reactive tasks, to meet and exceed the expectations of the clients, and
- associated agreed service level agreements.
- Pump servicing including Booster Sets.
- Fan & Vent plant works.
- Electrical works including fault finding.
- Attend to Callouts (in & out of hours)
- Quality Arrangements
- Accountable for ensuring that Regulatory activities are carried out, in compliance with One
- Environmental Quality System and the Company QMS as defined in the staff handbook and
- training procedures.
- Controls maintenance of plant and utilities to ensure appropriate and correct operation, to
- efficiently and reliably operate within specification while ensuring that records are maintained as
- required by Operational, Regulatory and Statutory practice.
- Provision of a comprehensive engineering service, to the scope of service under One
- Environmental on the designated accounts.
- Ensure maximum availability of plant and user equipment through efficient planned
- maintenance and prompt response to faults
- Provide technical support for projects and assist with commissioning and hand over works for
- plant and user equipment as required
- Ensure that all work orders are completed and issued and closed in full compliance with
- SLA’s and the Planned / Reactive Maintenance System
- First line diagnostics and planning of the required remedial work.
- Recognise spares requirements, order spares and make stock items as necessary.
- Ensure suitability of test and measurement / calibration equipment and updating as necessary
- Initiate and receive Permits to Work in accordance with procedure.
- Provide a unique technical support and liaison for the customer.
- Monitoring and interrogation of any sub-contractors operating on behalf of
- on all sites you attend.
- Report any requirements for modification to building services control including any validation
- Report requirements to modify drawings and documentation.
- Installation of new equipment
- Review, amend and reschedule PM Work Sheets as required
- Initiate assets/PMs for new equipment when required to do so.
- Operate and maintain systems when directed to do so.
- Provide and where required, implement solutions to engineering problems.
- Identify new works e.g., small projects to ensure for continual improvement and operation.
- Identify and incorporate energy efficiency control strategies.
- Small project management when directed to do so.
- All employees have responsibility:
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who could
- be affected by their acts or omissions
- Ensure that a full and detailed task specific Risk Assessment is completed prior to any work
- To report any accidents or near misses that they experience, or witness, to their line
- To co-operate and assist in all aspects of health and safety procedures introduced by
- management for their well-being
- To wear personal protective equipment when conditions require or when required to do so by
- the relevant risk assessment, method statement or mandatory signage
- To follow safe working procedures when handling, storing, using or transporting any COSHH
- controlled items
- To report any medical problems experienced when undertaking any work functions to
- To complete Risk Alert/Hazard forms as and when necessary. Communicate to immediate line
- management who will escalate to the EHS and Operations Manager who will monitor and /or
- report and act.
- To maintain a good standard of housekeeping throughout their areas of work
- To ensure that work equipment is only used for its intended purpose and that they have been
- trained to use it
- To not interfere with any equipment provided for their safety.
- Provide a proactive approach to staff and customer relations
- To ensure Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared for all tasks carried out to
- ensure safe practices/procedures are followed. Assist with Leading of specialist service
- contractors or project works including induction and signing off / acceptance of any works
- Where required to provide regular reports (Daily, weekly, monthly as required) to the Lead
- regarding all engineering team activity
- To assist that all subcontractors are appropriately supported and comply with contractual
- commitments and site operating processes
- Ensure a professional image of is presented to clients and visitors, and
- ensure excellence in customer service is delivered and always promoted
- Ensure that professional technical skills are maintained through a commitment to personal
- development and long-term training
- Flexibility to work hours, which will include weekends and Bank Holiday working were
- To participate in out-of–hours, stand-by and call out procedures as required
- NOTE: All details are provided for guidance only and do not necessarily limit the
- responsibilities and accountabilities of the role
- Practical working knowledge of best practice tools and techniques.
- Systematic approach, with good attention to detail.
- Mature customer service ethic and a flexible approach to meeting client requirements.