Lead Mechanical Engineer – Westminster
Westminster, South East-
£45,000 - £48,000 per annum
Consultant name: Alfie Woonton
Job reference: JO-2309-259094
Date posted: 19/09/2023
Lead Mechanical Engineer – £48,000 – Westminster
Salary: £45,000 – £48,000 + Plenty of Overtime
Hours – Monday to Friday Days
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Lead Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to join a market leading industrial engineering business at their site in Westminster. The company has just invested heavily into the site and have brand new machinery, because of this they are now looking to build an excellent engineering team to maintain it. This is a brilliant opportunity for the right maintenance engineer to develop and progress within a large business and develop a career.
With this company, it is common ground for them to offer clear routes for progression from within and supporting employees with aims for progression. These reasons and more should give you an understanding to why this company has the reputation it has for retaining staff. In return you will be well looked after by a traditional manager who values his workforce.
- Be the first point of contact for Engineers for technical support.
- Receive electronically work instructions from the planon system and undertake all small work tasks in accordance with these instructions.
- Manage deliveries and ensure all materials are available to undertake and complete the project.
- Complete all electronic and paper records such that an accurate record remains on site for the Client’s information and approval.
- Be able to undertake any diagnostic analysis that the whole system may require.
- Undertake a visual condition inspection of all installed equipment that require upgrades or replacement.
- Enter into dialogue with the Client’s representative to ensure there are no outstanding issues
- Participate in Health & Safety Codes of Safe Working and other Environmental issues to ensure total compliance
- Report any omissions or risks that might compromise a Safe Working Environment.
- Complete inspections of self-delivery and subcontracted teams and report on the performance.
- Previous experience as an Engineer / Leading a team
- Appropriate Level 3 City and Guilds qualification or ONC / NVQ 3 in Building Services / Mechanical Engineering.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive approach to solving problems and conflict
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Results/ task orientated, attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Commitment to continuous improvement and personal development
- Professional approach and demonstrates respect for others
- Ability to work on own initiative, solve problems and work as part of a team
- Have a flexible approach