Data Centre M&E Engineer – North West London
North West London, South East-
£56,000 - £56,000 per annum
Consultant name: Alfie Woonton
Job reference: JO-2212-254431
Date posted: 19/09/2023
Data Centre M&E Engineer
Location: North West London
Salary: £56K plus Bonus
Hours – Continental Shift Pattern
Our client are a global data centre services organisation, steadily growing their presence, and have a requirement for multiple shift engineers to be based at a newly built data centre facility in Slough. Working on a continental shift pattern, covering 12 hour days and nights, the role calls for experienced multi-skilled building services or data centre engineers to join and take responsibility for routine and reactive maintenance to electrical and mechanical systems in a highly critical environment. These sites are co-location, housing servers for blue chip, household name organisations and such is vital they maintain 100% uptime.
Guideline salary is up to £56,000 basic, along with an annual bonus (based on total earnings inc. OT, not just salary). Combined with opportunity for overtime and training, this is an exceptional opportunity to join a market leader in a booming sector.
This organisation are a world renowned leader within the data centre space, with a large portfolio of sites across the United States and now Europe – this is a brand new data centre, and as such an exciting time to get involved on day one of a new site. There are strong progression routes through to management, with a healthy opportunity for overtime and training budget. Along with all the perks, one of the other benefits is that this is “client-direct”. This means an added level of job security as well as breeding more of a team ethos than those organisations who outsource their M&E services to a 3rd party.
- To deliver & ensure all Critical Facility PPM’s are carried out to schedule and also ensure completion of all reactive works requests ensuring closing and completion in line with SLA’s.
- Carrying out daily emergency callout tasks
- Completing logbooks and RAMS
- Attending client meetings
- Able to apply a risk focused maintenance approach and operations of plant and systems in data centres/critical environments.
- Ensuring all critical client services, computer rooms, data networks, manufacturing and revenue earning services meet client requirements.
- Provide emergency response standby, call out. Escalate urgent issues. Respond to work interruptions, outages or emergencies consistent with the SLA.
- Support critical environment related technical audits as required and directed by line manager.
- Completion of records and logs required to demonstrate delivery of maintenance requirements.
- Control and supervise contractors when required.
- Emergency lighting testing
- All Electrical work including lighting, wiring, testing, alarm systems, BMS, lighting systems and Heat exchangers
- Engineers must be able to demonstrate appropriate knowledge of AHU, FCU, UPS, Generators, LV systems, which will include the ability to fault find.
- Trade trained with ideally 3 years’ experience in the building services
- City & Guilds Qualified Electrical Level 3.
- Critical site (Data Centre or Banking Sites)
- Good building services knowledge
- Excellent Client Facing