Mechanical Authorised Person – Canary Wharf
Canary Wharf, South East-
£59,550 - £59,550 per annum
Consultant name: Alfie Woonton
Job reference: JO-2111-246501
Date posted: 19/09/2023
Mechanical Authorised Person – Canary Wharf – £59,500
Location: Canary Wharf
Hours – Days Monday to Friday
Our client is seeking a Mechanical Authorised Person based at a Banking Institute at Canary Wharf. You will be required to aassist and manage the safe system of all Critical Mechanical isolations as Authorised Person controlling the activities and programme of works. Manage the isolations controlling the trade contractors whilst the work is being carried out to remove redundant equipment, liaise with on-site team to plan works in a coherent controlled manner. To assist in monitoring the system are fully operational including witnessing any re- commissioning, witnessing, snagging and handover of these systems back to the BAU team when partial removal has taken place on a system.
My client is holding interviews ASAP!!
- To monitor and ensure that project works are being completed in line with health and safety policy and standards
- To attend all relevant programme and project management meetings.
- To monitor the installation and removals of the systems.
- To aid as required by the client for the supply of data and information.
- To ensure that the safe system of works is used for all project works completed.
- To review RAMs for project activities within non demised areas with a view on business impact (risk) and engineering system resilience with multiple work front activities taking place simultaneously.
- To advise the client of any issues which may influence their decisions when carrying out any works.
- To ensure alignment of works between Project and BAU activities.
- To ensure that reports are produced as and when required.
- To identify to the project integration technical manager, any issues that require attention
- To assist in the preparation of documentation (MOP) for the clients change control system.
- To ensure that the projects team following the agreed contract code of practice and site rules and escalate as required.
- Provide escort to technical areas when required.
- To assist in the preparation and execution of Shutdowns.
- Managing critical environments and core life safe infrastructure – including undertaking critical isolations as Authorized Person for Mechanical Systems.
- Demonstrate a good understanding and be technically competent in all building services, in particular – UPS’s, transfer switches, PLC systems, critical cooling systems, water treatment, refrigeration systems and HV/LV electrical infrastructure
- Sound understanding and experience of meeting health and safety obligations regarding maintenance and project activities
- Operates within agreed operational and/or management guidelines.
- Maintains effective internal and external client or user relationships within own area of responsibility.
- Delivers health and safety policy and standards.
- Applies high level technical skills across a range of functional or business activities.
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme
- First class Training
- Excellent People Culture
- Fantastic Progression opportunities
- Plus, Much More!!!!