HV AP Engineering Supervisor – City of London
City Of London, South East-
£55,000 - £55,000 per annum
Consultant name: Alfie Woonton
Job reference: JO-2201-247974
Date posted: 25/09/2023
HV AP Engineering Supervisor – City of London – £52,000
Location: The City of London
Hours – Days Monday to Friday
Our client who has built their reputation for over 40 years are looking for an HV AP Engineering Supervisor to join their team on a Banking Site based in The City of London. The successful candidate will be rewarded with a £52,000 salary. The successful candidate will be acting Day Supervisor on a day-to-day basis isolating/restoring power and issuing PTW to contractors involved in the fit out of this Critical Banking Institute. This is a temporary position potentially lasting until the end of 2024 after which time there is the possibility of making the role permanent.
Leading up to the building going into operation, the candidate will be undertaking training, familiarising themselves with the building and its systems, assisting the Shift Supervisor with creating processes and building set up, witnessing / shadowing the commissioning activities and reviewing documentation from the project.
- The safe isolation and restoration of LV circuits for the fit-out contractors and the issuing of safety documents.
- Undertaking training and building/system familiarisation as part of the project’s Soft Landings activities
- Following the move into the building (shell and core), supporting the fit-out contractor activities such as isolations, connections, work permits, etc – where required.
- Maintaining systems and assets in a data driven environment, using new digital tools and platforms (training will be provided). Must be flexible and embrace new and emerging technology and techniques
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the building, its layout, functions and complexities through developed practices through scenario drills, continuous assessments, staff training and personal development.
- Liaising with engineering Contractors, shift teams, Engineering Manager and Permit Manager to plan and execute works.
- Assisting maintenance teams during quite periods on the project
- Prepare and take responsibility for permit to work requests as required.
- Maintain records of maintenance activities as required in respect of directly employed staff and sub-contractors.
- Investigate faults, identify root causes of faults and prepare accurate/timely reports on plant and equipment failures.
- Undertake other tasks, as required by the Engineering Manager/Shift Leader.
- Looking out for smarter, more efficient ways of working – seeking out opportunities for continuous improvement of systems and process.
- Raise and close jobs on PDA’s as necessary.
- Positive contribution to the “team” effort and the raising of the standard.
- Endorse day to day and future compliance to safe working practices, quality standards conformity and best practice methods.
- Prepare accurate/timely reports as required.
- Investigate faults, identify causes and effect remedies.
- City & Guilds Electrical discipline competency, Parts 1 & 2 or equivalent apprenticeship.
- 18th Edition BS7671 wiring regulations.
- HV switching qualification/experience (including 33kV).
- C&G 2391 Inspection & Testing
- ACoPs L8.
- IOSH qualification.
- Comprehensive building services knowledge in similar environments to a minimum of HVAC standards.
- Critical Environment Experience.
- Good Customer relationship skills.
- Working knowledge of “Permit to work” systems.
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme
- First class Training
- Excellent People Culture
- Career Progression opportunities
- Private Healthcare