Shift Engineer – Maintenance Tech (North London)
Greenwich, South East-
£43,000 - £43,000 per annum
Consultant name: Mohammed Siddique
Job reference: JO-2201-247645-1
Date posted: 29/09/2023
We are offering a remarkable opportunity for a Lead Shift Engineer to join our dynamic and market-leading company. As we continue to experience significant growth, our team is expanding, and we are seeking a talented Shift Maintenance Engineer to be a part of our success story.
This is an extraordinary chance for an individual who thrives on challenges and is passionate about delivering planned and reactive mechanical and electrical services to our site. As the Lead Shift Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in coordinating resources and stakeholders to provide clients with a superior level of service, ensuring maximum efficiency and safety, all while fostering a collaborative and sustainable work environment.
- Execute routine planned preventive maintenance (PPM) on all mechanical and electrical plant equipment in alignment with site task schedules and asset lists.
- Ensure the completion of reactive tasks across the sites, actively identifying areas for improvement.
- Swiftly address plant faults and defects to uphold operational efficiency.
- Perform statutory maintenance tasks as outlined in the SFG20 Maintenance specification.
- Maintain an inventory of suitable spare parts for both maintenance and reactive work, providing parts lists and estimated timescales for remedial tasks.
- Issue permits on behalf of Engie and third-party subcontractors as per contractual requirements.
- Ensure timely completion of all necessary paperwork related to PPM, reactive maintenance, and breakdowns, promptly forwarding it to the contract administrator.
- Develop positive working relationships with team members, subcontractors, and client representatives.
- Present a professional image of the company to clients at all times.
- Keep plant logs up to date consistently.
- Maintain cleanliness and order in all plant rooms under the company’s responsibility.
- Act upon assigned tasks in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Execute tasks with a strong awareness and implementation of health and safety measures.
- Adhere to contractual Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Operate a Permit to Work System in accordance with Engie’s Technical and SHEQ processes and client requirements (or approved client system).
Qualifications & Desired Experience:
- A technical background or formal education, with an HNC/HND/Foundation Degree being advantageous.
- Apprenticeship in electrical or mechanical maintenance.
- BOAS/BG01 training would be desirable.
- City and Guilds 236 A&B (2360 parts 1 and 2) or equivalent would be desirable.
- IET 17th edition certification would be desirable.
- City & Guilds 2394 / 2395 or 2391 Electrical Testing & Inspection or HVAC Qualified.
- Team working experience.
- Must possess the ability to think clearly in challenging situations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Outlook.
- Experience using a CAFM system.
- Strong background and track record in Facilities Management.
- Solid knowledge of building services and relevant legislation.
- Professional qualifications and background.
- Thinking skills – Level 3
- Results-driven – Level 3
- Coach others – Level 2
- Foster teamwork and collaboration – Level 2
- Customer focus – Level 4
- Change leadership – Level 2
- Communication – Level 4
- Influence – Level 3
- Business acumen – Level 3
- Business development – Level 3
- Functional/technical excellence – Level 5
If you are a motivated and skilled engineer looking for a rewarding career with a market leader, this is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for. Join us on our journey of growth and innovation and become a key part of our success. Apply now to be considered for this exciting role.