Boiler/Combustion Building Services Engineer
Kent, South East-
£50,000 - £52,000 per annum
Consultant name: Mohammed Siddique
Job reference: JO-2307-258145-3
Date posted: 29/09/2023
Mobile Combustion Engineer (Greater London & Home Counties)
Career Progression + Training + Benefits + Pensiion + 25 Days Holiday
Our client is looking to recruit a mobile combustion engineer in the market with amazing opportunity grow their career to the next level.
- To maintain the Boiler/Combustion Services and building services equipment and systems (AHU’s & FCU’S Pumps etc.), as designated, in the above referenced geographic locations, on contracts and sites within the Commercial Gas contract portfolio.
- To ensure effective delivery of PPM and Reactive Works issued by the Helpdesk within the buildings designated.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- To report to your line manager for all actions, requirements, and actions on the contract.
- Full Compliance to the client Commercial Gas ISO 9001, 14001 and OSHAS 18001
- protocols and procedures, in accordance with Staff Handbook, Toolbox Talks and site
instructions for the site.
- To ensure adherence to Best Practice for all maintenance (planned and reactive) in all
- engineering practices, including planned and reactive tasks and Callouts to meet and exceed
- the expectations of the clients, and associated agreed service level agreements, for all client
- Accountable for ensuring that Regulatory activities are carried out, in compliance with One
- Environmental Commercial Gas Quality System and the Company QMS as defined in the staff
- handbook and training procedures.
- Maintenance of plant and equipment to ensure appropriate and correct operation, to efficiently
- and reliably operate within specification while ensuring that records are maintained as required
- by Operational, Regulatory and Statutory practice.
- To ensure service delivery that – Ensure that all work orders are completed and closed in full compliance with SLA’s and the Planned / Reactive Maintenance System
- First line diagnostics and planning of the required remedial work as designated by
- Recogniser spares requirements and notify Help desk of the requirement.
- Job Description Boiler/Combustion Engineer
- Ensure suitability of test and measurement / calibration equipment being used and
- updating as necessary the help desk for recalibration requirements.
- Undertake Boiler/Combustion and other building services contractual obligations on
- behalf of Commercial Gas
- Complete and submit Planned Maintenance and Reactive Work Sheets as required.
- Provide and where required, implement solutions to engineering problems.
- Identify new works e.g., small projects to ensure for continual improvement and Operation
- Health, Safety Environmental Arrangements
- Ensuring that workplace / task Risk, COSHH, Manual Handling, and Personal Protective
- Assessments have been carried out on all tasks prior to carrying out works.
- Ensure that accident prevention and damage control are an integral part of your operational
- culture and behavior.
- Ensure all works are undertaken using safe systems of work with the aim of preventing injury to
- personnel and damage to plant and property.
- Compile and submit to the helpdesk / line manager any incident or accident reports in accordance with Commercial Gas procedures in respect of any unplanned, uncontrolled event that has led to damage to persons, property, or plant.
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons
- who could be affected by their acts or omissions
- Ensure that a full and detailed task specific Risk Assessment is completed prior to any
- work commencing
- To report any accidents or near misses that they experience, or witness, to their line
- To co-operate and assist in all aspects of health and safety procedures introduced by
- management for their well-being
- To wear personal protective equipment when conditions require or when required to
- do so by the relevant risk assessment, method statement or mandatory signage
- To follow safe working procedures when handling, storing, using or transporting any
- COSHH controlled items
- To report any medical problems experienced when undertaking any work functions to
- To complete Risk Alert/Hazard forms as and when necessary. Communicate to
- immediate line management who will escalate to the Operations Manager who will
- monitor and /or report and act.
- To maintain a good standard of housekeeping throughout their areas of work
- To ensure that work equipment is only used for its intended purpose and that they have
- been trained to use it
- To not interfere with any equipment provided for their safety.
- Provide a proactive approach to staff and customer relations
- To ensure Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared for all tasks
- carried out to ensure safe practices/procedures are followed.
- CCN1 – Core domestic gas safety
- CENWAT – Central heating boilers and instantaneous hot water heaters
- MET1 – Domestic gas meters up to 6m³
- CPA1 – Combustion performance analysis
- HTR1 – Domestic open, balanced & fan flue gas fires & wall heater
- COCN1 – Core commercial gas safety or CODNCO1 – Changeover gas safety from
- domestic natural gas to commercial natural gas
- ICPN1 – Installation first fix of commercial pipework
- CIGA1 – Commission, service, repair & breakdown of commercial indirect-fired
- heating appliances & equipment
- CDGA1 – Commission, service direct fired heaters
- HWB1 – Gas fired hot water boilers 15-40kW
- TPCP1A – Testing & direct purging of low-pressure commercial pipework not
- exceeding 1m³ in volume, 21mbar operating pressure