Energy Manager – Central London
Central London, South East-
£70,000 - £70,000 per annum
Consultant name: Alfie Woonton
Job reference: JO-2210-253260
Date posted: 24/11/2023
Energy Manager – £70K – Central London
Location: Central London
Salary: £70K + Plenty of Overtime
Hours – Days Monday to Friday
PRS Recruitment are currently recruiting for an Energy Manager to join the team located in Central London and will be responsible for supporting clients to deliver and validate energy, carbon and cost reductions. Identify and implement energy efficiency measures, low and zero carbon solutions and operational best practices. The position will identify and quantify the impact and value of the group’s programs by means of energy savings, cost savings and carbon reporting.
This is an exciting position that will expose the candidate to the many challenges and opportunities that exist in cutting edge corporate energy and sustainability today.
- To ensure the effective management of energy resources to meet client’s objectives and targets.
- To identify, develop and implement new energy related opportunities
- Carry out all energy related tasks to ensure service provision and compliance
- To motivate and train people in energy management
- Maintain a thorough understanding of corporate energy strategy, legal, statutory and technical issues which affect the client’s premises
- Assist clients to measure, monitor and report on energy consumption and carbon emissions
- Develop and advise on energy strategy/solutions, developing these into working projects, which meet client objectives and best practice
- Identify opportunities to reduce carbon emissions within clients’ property portfolios
- Calculate potential savings in terms of kWh, CO2 and cost
- Deliver on these opportunities through managing installations & behavioural changes
- To be able to normalise and verify savings post implementation
- Assist clients to meet their increasingly challenging compliance requirements
- Support wider energy management objectives, for example through energy procurement
- Provide full feasibility studies of costed initiatives / projects to reduce energy usage.
- Project management and implementation of initiatives.
- Work with and support the Head of Projects, ensuring that projects are as energy efficient as is financially possible.
Skills and Qualifications
- Chartered Energy Engineer/Manager
- Degree ideally in energy and sustainability, engineering or building services
- Specific energy efficiency / low carbon qualifications are desirable
- Qualified to undertake Air Conditioning Inspections
- Relevant professional membership e.g. CIBSE, Energy Institute
- Project Management
- Project management skills, with ability to manage multiple complex work-streams and clients, ability to manage budgets