Mobilisation Manager – City of London – £70,000
City Of London, South East-
£70,000 - £70,000 per annum
Consultant name: Alfie Woonton
Job reference: JO-2111-246728
Date posted: 24/11/2023
Job Title: Mobilisation and Technical Manager
Reports To: Technical and Compliance Director
- Support strategic direction and work priorities (in conjunction with line management) for the continuous improvement of the company’s SHEQ and IMS management programme and systems.
- Assist with the implementation of new or existing SHEQ-related legislation, rules, and Company standards to include fire prevention, health and safety awareness training, site inspections of Company and contractors’ sites.
- To complete prevention inspections on a regular basis and ensure records maintained of same.
- To develop an innovative SHEQ Communication Strategy for all contracts and levels of staff, to include written information, toolbox talks and management briefs.
- Completion of duties of CDM Coordinator as required by the Construction Design and Management Regulations 2007
- Responsibility for Company preparations for annual H&S audits and Quality Assurance
- Liaison with HR Department for initiating and coordinating training plan and updating information for personal and audit and requirements.
- To assist in retaining all current quality accreditations and work towards the attainment of new quality accreditations.
- Assist with health, safety, quality, and environmental matters and manages this process to ensure all advice is incorporated into day-to-day processes and operations.
- Support the Company in meeting its obligations under the “Control of Major Accident Hazards Regulations 1999”.
- Provide support and expertise to line management in incident investigation and reporting (including dangerous occurrences and occupational diseases).
- Facilitate all forms of risk assessment e.g., general, manual handling, COSHH, fire prevention and acts as a final authority where a specialist response is required in relation to risk assessments performed by others onsite.
- Conduct occupational health and safety related surveys e.g., noise, lighting, exposure to chemical substances and makes associated recommendations.
- Monitor the company “safe system of work” system to ensure compliance with Company standards.
- Assist with tender/submission documentation to ensure SHEQ compliance.
- Management & maintenance of a risk-based Compliance Program through system workflows to meet operational needs.
- Promoting awareness to all individuals of the organization on the IMS standards and other existing policies and procedures of the company through presentations and follow-up formal and informal meetings
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures and internal SLAs and other system requirements in consultation with the various departments.
- Feedback the effectiveness of the IMS and the implementation of existing policies and procedures necessary for the attainment of company objectives.
- Able to efficiently collaborate with other functional areas modifying processes to address identified risks.
- Recommend measures on improving the IMS and maintaining the Company’s related certification.
- Support development and implementation of IMS processes, procedures, strategies, plans and key metrics.
- Support both team and project for mobilisation of new contracts and the embedding of compliance standards.
- Ensure that the contract is mobilised in accordance with the company’s Integrated Management System, Procedures, Processes, and work instructions.
- Overall Management and tracking of the Mobilisation process for the contract, as listed below, but not limited.
- Project Management Introduction/processes.
- L8 ACOPS – Water treatment training.
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Asbestos Awareness
- Fire Marshal/Warden
- COSHH Awareness
- Working at Height
- Manual Handling
- H&S management systems, including statutory policies and best practice.
- High Voltage Authorised Person.
- Mechanical Authorized Person Assessment
- Electrical Low Voltage Authorized
- Proficient in Excel or Access applications
- Possess good communication and project management skills.
- Sound organizational and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and prioritise workload while meeting dept. objectives.