Data Centre Manager – Slough
Slough, South East-
£72,000 - £72,000 per annum
Consultant name: Alfie Woonton
Job reference: JO-2106-244138
Date posted: 24/11/2023
Data Centre Manager – Slough
Days Monday to Friday
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join one of the Largest Critical Service companies to work on a brand-new Data Centre in Slough. The position will oversee all operational, financial and customer activities. The successful candidate will ensure that policies and procedures are being executed in their portfolio and will make sure that all customer support, engineering, and security groups are all performing to expected levels and provide leadership and oversight across these teams. You will be maintaining critical facilities infrastructure as part of a close-knit team delivering outstanding service to our data centre customers.
This specialist company are a well-established leader in their field and have been at the forefront of innovation. They have a great culture and offer many benefits to their employees. Due to the varied nature of this company’s work there are many training and progression opportunities.
- Salary £72,000
- Annual Bonus
- Company pension
- Private Healthcare
- Other company benefits
- 25 days holiday
- Overtime Available
- Ensure client requirements are met and relationships are met and exceeded.
- Looking after a team of Engineers
- Liaise with contractors for quotations/surveys for remedial and maintenance works.
- To ensure sites are delivering all Critical Facility PPM’s and carried out to schedule, in line with Health & Safety procedures. In addition, ensuring completion of all reactive works requests in line with SLA.
- Escalate urgent issues accordingly. Respond to work interruptions, outages or emergencies within the SLA.
- Control and supervise contractors when required.
- Raise recommendations for improvements through Contract Manager
- Liaise with the QHSE/Client partner to ensure audit compliance as directed by line management.
- Continually communicate high priority tasks issues to end users, client and Management team.
- To deliver & ensure all Critical Facility PPM’s are carried out to schedule and ensure completion of all reactive works requests ensuring closing and completion in line with SLA’s
- Ensure all PPM’s, reactive and proactive maintenance works are carried out in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Effectively line manage the electrical team.
- Manage packages as agreed with the Senior Technical Manager
- Undertake duties of the electrical LV/HV Appointed person
- Effective resourcing and work allocation to the electrical teams
- Able to apply a risk focused maintenance approach and operations of plant and systems in data centres/critical environments
- Ensuring all critical client services, computer rooms, data networks, manufacturing and revenue earning services meet client requirements
- Lead and help develop staff under your control and make sure sub-contractors are compliant.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in Data Centre or Critical Environment operations.
- HV Authorised Person
- City & Guilds Pts. 1 & 2, equivalent or exceeds.
- 18th Edition IEE: Wiring and Installation
- City & Guilds 2391 test and inspection; BS 7671:2001 for inspection, testing and certification.