HVAP Data Centre Shift Supervisor
Slough, South East-
£60,000 - £60,000 per annum
Consultant name: Tom Tippett
Job reference: JO-2309-259008-1
Date posted: 27/11/2023
HVAP Shift Supervisor
Hours – Continental Shift Pattern
Our client are a global data centre services organisation, steadily growing their presence, and have a requirement for a HVAP Shift Supervisor to be based at a newly built data centre facility in Slough. The successful canddiate will be required to effectively supervise the day to day operation of the site’s maintenance team to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the site’s Mechanical and Electrical services. The operational requirements for customer sites are to be a member of the team covering 24 hours a day 365 days per year on a shift Rota basis and to be available to cover shift members where possible. The Shift Manager is responsible for the day to day operation of the shift carrying out Planned Preventative Maintenance and Reactive works to Building Services Systems within a contracted site.
- Supervision of the area Team in accordance with Client Procedures and Policies.
- Ensuring the efficient and effective operation, maintenance and repair of the sites M&E Plant and Equipment and Services.
- Compliance with and record keeping for QHSE Management System.
- Assisting with and participating in the Call-out System.
- Identify site team training requirements and ensure training is completed and knowledge checked.
- Organise and if necessary, assist in reactive repairs to all site M&E systems (e.g. BMS, PMS, Fire, HVAC, Generators and HV & LV Electrical Distribution & Switch Gear, Mech systems etc).
- Prioritising and delegating reactive and Planned Preventative Maintenance tasks to the site team ensuring optimum levels of service delivery are being achieved.
- Ensure that Planned Preventative Maintenance is carried out in line with task schedules and industry best practices.
- Learn the site operating processes and obtain detailed knowledge of the site operation.
- Completing HV and LV switching works, writing switching schedules – reactive and planned. This will usually involve out of hours works.
- Advising and assisting the Contract Manager with labour levels and holiday/absence cover
- First line supervision of Specialist Service Contractors, including Induction and signing off and actioning minor works listed on service report sheets in accordance with the Facility Manager.
- Record keeping including ensuring the Subcontractor Service Reports are received and filled after maintenance has been carried out.
- Ensuring that a quote is obtained, a P.O. is raised for any remedial work that has been listed on the service report and book in the work to be done.
- Keep the Client’s change control system up to date, ensuring that any maintenance work is submitted at least two weeks in advance and that the engineer’s names, RAMS (Not generic and reviewed in the last year) and any other paperwork required, is correct. Attend meetings to obtain approval for
- planed higher risk works.
- Utilising Help Desk and PPM systems to monitor staff’s performance and ensure service delivery.
- Trade trained with ideally 3 years’ experience in the building services
- City & Guilds Qualified Electrical Level 3.
- Critical site (Data Centre or Banking Sites)
- HV Qualification is essential.
- Good building services knowledge
- Excellent Client Facing
- Ability to lead a team when under pressure, whilst remaining calm, clear thinking and able to deliver the required services to the client within given time constraints.
- Individuals who can demonstrate commitment and previous experience; but not meet all the required technical qualifications may be considered subject to Directors approval.
- Demonstrate a willingness to attend on and off site training for plant and systems this may require nights away from home.