Project Manager – City of London
Central London, South East-
£75,000 - £80,000 per annum
Consultant name: Alfie Woonton
Job reference: JO-2211-254038
Date posted: 24/11/2023
Project Manager – City of London – £75,000
Exciting opportunity to work for an established FM Service Provider situated in the City of London. PRS is currently recruiting for a Project Manager to lead a growing team and department. This role would be working on behalf of a high-profile client and you will be managing a range of building services projects with a clear sustainability drive and focus. The projects will incude Retail, Managing agents, Residential sites across London up to £2M. The ideal candidate would be mechanically biased, hardworking and have experience managing small works and larger scale projects.
Key duties & Responsibilities
- Managing all aspects of M&E trades to ensure works are delivered on-time and to a high-standard.
- To work closely with the Major Projects Team and other areas of the business.
- To assist in managing the procurement of competent M&E contractors for various projects.
- Managing a range of project stakeholders to ensure works are completed on-time and on budget.
- Managing the performance of all direct reports on both a formal and informal basis.
- To lead on the scoping and procurement of projects ensuring that all organisational and statutory requirements are met
- Review plans and specifications from consultants.
- Attend design meeting with the consultants and clients to review and plan works.
- Plan and schedule work from project conception right through to completion.
- Co-ordinate and manage the Mechanical and Electrical aspects of multiple projects
- Work with residents, Property Managers, & Management Surveyors to ensure that engagement efficiently and pro-actively.
- Experience of working with leaseholders and residents and agreeing work scopes and supporting data to enable leasehold consultation to take place
- Knowledge of current relevant legislation and housing issues
- Ability to prepare design briefs, specifications, tender documents and contracts
- Ability to demonstrate effective presentation skills with external meetings.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a range of people.
- Undertake other duties relevant to the nature, scope, and level of the role as necessary.
- To manage the Mandatory Remedial Works (MRW) Process with the Client.
- To manage a small team of individuals.
- Educated to degree level in building services, or any associated engineering discipline.
- Mechanical bias is preferable.
- Experience in high-end residential premises is preferable but not essential.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Experience within a Consultancy or Main Contractor is desirable but not essential.
- Experience with Commissioning of M&E Equipment
- IOSH Qualified