Accounts Manager – City of London – £85,000
London, South East-
£80,000 - £85,000 per annum
Consultant name: Tom Tippett
Job reference: JO-2309-259016-1
Date posted: 27/11/2023
Accounts Manager – City of London – £85,000
Location: City of London
Salary: £75,000 – £85,000
Hours – Monday to Friday Days 8AM – 5PM
An excellent opportunity has arisen with one of my clients who are looking for an Accounts Manager on a site based in The City of London. As an Account Manager you will be responsible for delivering the full suite of FM services to one of our key client’s, working in partnership with all stakeholders to ensure a 5 Star service is always delivered and maintained.
Constant innovation is key to long-term success, and within the role you will be responsible for improving both operational and commercial performance through best practice, operational excellence and identifying opportunities for introducing new service lines and product offerings.
The role of the Account Manager will be to supervise, plan, and co-ordinate all aspects of System Operations, Hard Service delivery. Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), Reactive Maintenance, M&E and Help Desk Calls, and Small Project Works. The successful candidate would be expected to be operationally hands on where necessary as well as having full managerial and financial responsibilities.
Duties will include:
- Responsible for the successful and profitable contract delivery of £3-5m – £4.0m financials to run
- Leads, motivates, supports, and develops a team of Engineers, ensuring that all people management processes are adhered to and a culture of performance management and continuous improvement is prevalent
- Acts as a proactive and positive member of the Maintenance Management team, taking the lead on product-wide improvement programmes and projects, and ensuring that contract programmes of work are rolled out in a consistent manner.
- Active participation and self-development with industry networking channels/membership bodies to ensure continual improvement and ensure you remain in touch with “modern practices”, technology and best practice.
- Undertakes a key customer interface role, particularly on key sites within specified geographical area, ensuring that the client are visible, approachable and that the contract requirements and measures are clearly understood by the entire delivery team.
- Support in the collation and preparation of tender returns in line with company policy including but not limited to the costing and verification of assets against FSG20. Support in tender submissions and presentations as required.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety legislation associated with the contracts within your span of control and company policy
- P&L ownership for the contract.
- Contractual performance to supply quarterly financial report.
- Oversee the project team to ensure completion certificates are provided enabling invoices to be raised in a timely manner.
- Monitor and manage Work in Progress to ensure that all works are within expected budget.
- Report to the client on a regular basis the financial position and detail of the contract provision for the site.
- Ensure timely and accurate submission and payment of financial applications
- Management of the invoicing process
- Sub-contractor management including value for money, performance reviews, training, compliance and audits.
- Analyses KPI and SLA performance and deliver to target; identifies areas for improvement and drives improvement initiatives through management and delivery teams.
- Responsible for supporting the Maintenance Services strategy within your area of responsibility inclusive of demonstrable activities that promote a “One Team” ethos and the ongoing staff awareness and support for the Mission, Vision, Behaviours & Goals.
- Responsible for employee development, succession planning, employee empowerment and talent management across teams including support for talent pipelines ie. Apprenticeships.
- Accountable for the implementation of the efficiency strategy, driving and exceeding the self-delivery productivity and cost reduction targets.
- Support the performance management of key suppliers within your contract span of control, ensuring that they deliver to the companies required standards
- Creation and distribution of key management information reports both to the customer and internally
- City & Guilds Parts 1 & 2 Electrical installation or recognised equivalent
- Electrical (BS7671 18th Edition)
- Accountable for £2-4m Contracts ensuring retention and growth targets are met
- Accountable for the delivery of agreed budgeted margins
- Accountable for the management of WIP & Debt to agreed targets
- Accountability for safe and compliant performance of all sites across defined geographical area or portfolio
- Accountable for the agreed SLAs across contracts and supply chain within their span of control
- Create a culture of cooperation, collaboration, and teamwork across the operation and ensure a smooth interface with relevant stakeholders
- Support to the Maintenance teams to ensure people development and talent growth to build a strong and professional team to enable succession planning
- Demonstrable experience of P&L management, with a proven history of effective cost management and margin achievement
- Responsible for leading, supporting, managing, and developing a team of Engineering to improve performance
- Responsible for undertaking performance management process and employee relations issues, including attendance management, disciplinary, performance management etc
- C4-20 direct reports