Critical Shift Manager – Canary Wharf
Canary Wharf, South East-
£53,000 - £56,000 per annum
Consultant name: Alfie Woonton
Job reference: JO-2307-258333
Date posted: 21/02/2024
Critical Shift Manager – £56,000 – Canary Wharf
The role is responsible for the execution of the day-to-day technical requirements in the Critical Bank, ensuring compliance to SOPs, KPIs and SLAs. A key aspect of this role is to work hand in hand with the wider workspace team to deliver a resilient and consistent engineering service that supports the wider team goal of delivering an excellent workplace experience to our client’s colleagues and their guests. The role will be expected to motivate and inspire a shift team, being able to communicate a vision and translate that into operational deliverables. They will also need to be able to communicate with stakeholders, updating them on technical issues in a way they can understand.
• Responsible for building and encouraging an environment that supports teamwork, co-operation, service and performance excellence and personal success on their shift.
• Manage the Workspace Engineering Technicians proactively, setting clear objectives, and supporting them to achieve those goals.
• Communicating the account vision and purpose and translating it into deliverables and tangible ways to demonstrate their contribution
• To provide the coaching/mentoring for their direct reports and guide them to develop their own development plans and to review and to measure their performance regularly
• Operate all systems within the buildings in a competent, effective, and efficient manner (including HV operations where required).
• Ensure regular plant inspections, works inspections and audits are carried out to drive operational excellence across the site.
• Support with the creation and adoption of standard and emergency operating procedures. Provide training where necessary to ensure Technicians are familiar and comfortable.
• Ensure the application and adherence to the account’s Risk & Safety work practices to mitigate the risk of services interruption to client’s operation
• Coordinate, manage and oversee vendors to perform a wide range of workplace-related services when working on site.
Skills / Experience
• HV/LV authorised person AP15 – Refresher training can be provided
• Current Edition IEE: Wiring and Installation Regulations or equivalent Mechanical engineering qualification
• HNC & HND in an engineering discipline
• Confined Authorised person – Refresher training can be provided
• Mechanical Pressure authorised person – Refresher training can be provided
• City & Guilds Level 3 NQV in electrical/mechanical discipline
• Led a large team
• Has worked within a Critical Engineering Facility