M&E Maintenance Shift Technician – Slough
Slough, South East-
£48,000 - £48,000 per annum
Consultant name: Alfie Woonton
Job reference: JO-2309-259010
Date posted: 21/02/2024
M&E Maintenance Shift Technician
Hours – Continental Shift Pattern
This exciting opportunity to work for an established FM service provider situated in Slough. My client is looking for a Shift Maintenance Electrician to be based in Slough. The successful candidates will be Electrically or Mechanically biased (C&G, 17th / 18th Edition) with a proven track record in commercial building maintenance, ideally within a critical site (i.e. Bank, Blue chip office etc). Working with the maintenance team on site, He or she will be required to carry out electrical, mechanical and fabric maintenance to the following. In return, the company is offering a competitive salary of up to £48,000 + overtime, further training, and career progression.
- Ensuring that all Specialist Sub Contractors visits are conducting works in line with approved Standard Operating
- Carrying out daily emergency callout tasks
- Completing logbooks and RAMS
- Attending client meetings
- Able to apply a risk focused maintenance approach and operations of plant and systems in data centres/critical environments.
- Ensuring all critical client services, computer rooms, data networks, manufacturing and revenue earning services meet client requirements.
- Provide emergency response standby, call out. Escalate urgent issues. Respond to work interruptions, outages or emergencies consistent with the SLA.
- Support critical environment related technical audits as required and directed by line manager.
- Completion of records and logs required to demonstrate delivery of maintenance requirements.
- Control and supervise contractors when required.
- Emergency lighting testing
- All Electrical work including lighting, wiring, testing, alarm systems, BMS, lighting systems and Heat exchangers
- Engineers must be able to demonstrate appropriate knowledge of AHU, FCU, UPS, Generators, LV systems, which will include the ability to fault find.
- Evaluate and escalate any potential risks, with an assessment of impact, probable causes and mitigation opportunities.
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement of safe systems of work, ensuring compliance with relevant QHSE policy and procedures.
- Support the Data Centre Shift Leader in the day to day operational delivery of all planned, reactive, corrective and project related works.
- Trade trained with ideally 3 years’ experience in the building services
- City & Guilds Qualified Electrical Level 3.
- Good building services knowledge
- Excellent Client Facing
- Ability to lead a team when under pressure, whilst remaining calm, clear thinking and able to deliver the required services to the client within given time constraints.
- Individuals who can demonstrate commitment and previous experience; but not meet all the required technical qualifications may be considered subject to Directors approval.
- Demonstrate a willingness to attend on and off site training for plant and systems this may require nights away from home.