West Central London, South East-
£50,000 - £50,000 per annum
Consultant name: Mohammed Siddique
Job reference: JO-2208-251817
Date posted: 23/02/2024
The successful candidate will be acting Day Supervisor on a day-to-day basis isolating/restoring power and issuing PTW to contractors involved in the fit out of 21 Moorfields. This is a temporary position potentially lasting until the end of 2024 after which time there is the possibility of making the role permanent.
Leading up to the building going into operation, the candidate will be undertaking training, familiarising themselves with the building and its systems, assisting the Shift Supervisor with creating processes and building set up, witnessing/shadowing the commissioning activities and reviewing documentation from the project.
The new headquarters features best in class smart building technologies, a BIM (Building Information Model) platform, a client concierge system, with all systems integrated together to create a rich data environment and allow improved efficiencies in operation.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the journey from mobilisation into operation of this smart building, and a chance to develop new skills in what is a glimpse into the future of FM operations.
- Ability to be flexible and learn new tools and techniques
- The safe isolation and restoration of LV circuits for the fit-out contractors and the issuing of safety documents.
- Undertaking training and building/system familiarisation as part of the project’s Soft Landings activities
- Following the move into the building (shell and core), supporting the fit-out contractor activities such as isolations, connections, work permits, etc – where required.
- Maintaining systems and assets in a data driven environment, using new digital tools and platforms (training will be provided). Must be flexible and embrace new and emerging technology and techniques
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the building, its layout, functions and complexities through developed practices through scenario drills, continuous assessments, staff training and personal development.
- Liaising with engineering Contractors, shift teams, Engineering Manager and Permit Manager to plan and execute works.
- Assisting maintenance teams during quite periods on the project
- Prepare and take responsibility for permit to work requests as required.
- Maintain records of maintenance activities as required in respect of directly employed staff and sub-contractors.
- Investigate faults, identify root causes of faults and prepare accurate/timely reports on plant and equipment failures.
- Undertake other tasks, as required by the Engineering Manager/Shift Leader.
- Looking out for smarter, more efficient ways of working – seeking out opportunities for continuous improvement of systems and process.
- Raise and close jobs on PDA’s as necessary.
- Positive contribution to the “team” effort and the raising of the standard.
- Endorse day to day and future compliance to safe working practices, quality standards conformity and best practice methods.
- Prepare accurate/timely reports as required.
- Investigate faults, identify causes and effect remedies.
Skills Must Have
- Previous experience as a building services engineer (Electrical Bias).
- 11kV HV switching experience (including 11-33kV). Desirable.
- Experience in isolation of water systems with associated permits.
- Comprehensive building services knowledge in similar environments to a minimum of HVAC standards.
- Critical Environment Experience.
- Good Customer relationship skills.
Working knowledge of “Permit to work” systems
Candidate Must Have Requirements
- HV switching qualification/experience (including 33kV).
- C&G 2391 Inspection & Testing
- ACoPs L8.
- City & Guilds Electrical discipline competency, Parts 1 & 2 or equivalent apprenticeship.
- 18th Edition BS7671 wiring regulations.
Willing to be Authorised as LVAP on site.
- Good knowledge and awareness of the facilities management industry and the primary M&E services within the built environment:
- BMS/Control systems
- LTHW Boilers
- Life Safety Systems
- 400 V LV Systems
- UPS Systems
- 2N power distribution.
- STS and ATS.
- Smart Buildings
- Innovative technology
Energy use and optimisation
- Practical experience of working as an electrician in a building services environment.
- Customer services experience and the ability to communicate at all levels
- Worked in a similar role.
- Have a positive and proactive approach to work, able to work upon their own initiative and as part of a large account team.
- Able to change work pattern at short notice to meet the requirements of the client and building.
- Be available to work weekends where required.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Previous experience of taking direction from supervisors and working of own initiative
Experience of successfully completing engineering tasks.
- Must be a team player who leads by example, committed to working in a quality and professional environment. Expected to take an active role in supporting other members of the shift team.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict timescales
- Role model CBRE RISE values.
- Able to use a PC.
- Experience in HV operations
- Experience of Critical Services within a Corporate Banking or Data Centre environment