Critical M & E Shift Engineer
West Central London, South East-
£46,000 - £46,000 per annum
Consultant name: Mohammed Siddique
Job reference: JO-2308-258501-1
Date posted: 23/02/2024
Job Opportunity: Shift Engineer
Salary: £45,000 per annum
Benefits: Career progression, Training opportunities, Continental Shift Pattern
Are you ready to join a forward-thinking employer who is rewriting the rules and fostering a culture of positivity, growth, and development? Our client is seeking a Shift Engineer to become an essential part of their innovative engineering team. If you’re passionate about engineering, thrive in a dynamic environment, and seek continuous learning and advancement, this is the opportunity for you.
Role Overview: As a Shift Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in maintaining and operating various electrical, mechanical, and HVAC equipment and systems. Your responsibilities will include ensuring 100% uptime availability through rigorous change management, troubleshooting, and proactive maintenance. You will manage essential site/plant equipment, sub-contracted resources, and scheduled preventive maintenance (PPM) activities. This critical role requires a detail-oriented professional with a deep understanding of engineering systems and a dedication to delivering exceptional service.
- Operate and maintain electrical, mechanical, and HVAC systems
- Monitor and troubleshoot equipment support systems, logging and responding to incidents
- Manage mechanical plant and systems, electrical plant and systems, HVAC systems, generators, UPS, fire alarms, suppression systems, low and high voltage switching, and water systems
- Utilize operational systems including BMS, PMS, CMS to their maximum capabilities
- Coordinate sub-contracted resources for safe and quality service delivery
- Manage and oversee planned preventative maintenance (PPM) activities
- Engineering Apprenticeship or equivalent
- Experience in high-pressured precision engineering
- HND in electrical or mechanical engineering or equivalent (desirable)
- Background in Critical Environment/Data Centre (desirable)
- Professional electrical or mechanical certification (NCC, REC, or national equivalent)
- Experience troubleshooting low & medium voltage electrical systems
- Experience troubleshooting mechanical/HVAC systems
- Knowledge of safe electrical practices according to relevant regulations
- Strong problem-solving skills with an aptitude for Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
- Familiarity with Change Management processes and procedures
- Ability to follow documented procedures and track issues via Service Desk Ticketing
- Sound judgment and decision-making abilities
- Collaborative mindset to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of BMS and good understanding of PPM/CAFM systems
Benefits: In addition to a competitive salary of £45,000 per annum, you will benefit from career progression opportunities, ongoing training, and a continental shift pattern that promotes work-life balance and wellbeing.
If you’re eager to be part of an innovative team that values your expertise and offers a supportive environment for your growth, apply now by sending your CV and cover letter to [email address]. Elevate your engineering career with us!