Job descriptionAccount Manager required for a significant multi-tenanted building in the City of London.
You will be required to manage a team of 15 including both Engineers, administration & contract support and as such would be expected to provide leadership, management of, and development of the contract, ensuring that financial and operational commitments are met and exceeded.
- Provide leadership, and that contractual commitments are met and exceeded.
- Ensure that opportunities for the strategic development of the contract are exploited, to deliver increased turnover and profitability, ensure additional services and projects are added, and contracts are re-won on re-tender.
- Ensuring business policies and processes are effectively communicated, and implemented within the contract.
- Ensure the provision of healthy and safe working conditions and that both clients and Company health and safety policy and processes are effectively implemented across both your own workforce and sub-contractors activities.
- Ensure optimum staffing structures operate across contract, balancing cost reduction with the delivery of service excellence. Ensure structures support peaks and troughs in workload and disaster recovery.
- Ensure contracts are staffed by fully competent teams, ensuring post holders are fully competent, and that effective succession planning arrangements are in place.
- Working with other Operational managers to ensure the collaborative development of the business, effective team working, and support to colleagues.
- Development of contract financial plans for revenue and profit delivery, reduction of WIP, debt, cost reduction and contract growth, and ensure that these are met and exceeded.
- Ensure appropriate control systems to ensure statutory, policy and contractual commitments are met.
- Ensuring a customer focus within all areas of operational activities, and that effective relationship is maintained with key client contacts.
- Provision of leadership and guidance, advice, coaching and direct support, where required to deliver best practice selection, training, assessment and recognition/reward.
- Delivering effective business communication through advice, review, leadership and direct contribution to management and team meetings, briefings, consultation forums, correspondence, publicity, monthly and ad-hoc reporting and other publications, as appropriate.
- Supporting the sales process through solutions development, participation in presentations and consultation meetings, hosting visits, and support to mobilisation as required on new contracts.
- Provide a learning environment, and appropriate training and development planning. Ensure basic training needs are delivered, employees are fully competent to undertake their roles, and are able to reach their full future potential.
Alongside excellent verbal and written communication skills, you will be an excellent motivator and influencer with high levels of personal integrity. Have a clear vision, and able to communicate this effectively to your team alongside being a role model for customer service excellence. Other attributes we would expect are; Analytical, Creative, politically astute possess a high level of energy, be self- starters, confident and stable in manner.
Finally but by no means least be organised, able to prioritise and deliver within a high pressure, business-critical environment.